IGNORED

Paul Charruau

Negan

Guest wheatus59
8 minutes ago, Just Brett said:

22 year old French keeper in talks with us right now apparently

Jau ah noeud  @hamel_johan

Paul Charruau is currently in England a Bristol City (D2) to negotiate a transfer to the 22nd championship

How totally underwhelming !

12 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

We need another keeper. 

No, he's not a striker or a midfielder. And yes we need those too.

Progress surely? Why the negativity?!

Because for most it's a case of 'I've never heard of him he must be shite' and they're happy to write the lad off before he's had a chance. 

People that want to play for Bristol City are few and far between, you'd think they'd be overjoyed. 

Having said all that, if he doesn't put 'Chim Chimminee Chim Chimminee Chim Chim Charruau' on the back of his shirt, I'm going to be disappointed. 

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Having said all that, if he doesn't put 'Chim Chimminee Chim Chimminee Chim Chim Charruau' on the back of his shirt, I'm going to be disappointed. 

"That'll be £35 for the shirt and £50 for the letters please"

8 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Funniest thing I've heard for ages, he's got one foot nowhere near that standard.

This reminds me of a one-legged Dudley Moore auditioning for the role of Tarzan.  Peter Cook: "I like your right leg, it's a fine right leg for the part, I've got nothing against your right leg.  The trouble is, nor have you".

16 hours ago, PaulieBS5 said:

Looks the part; again fits the age bracket we're targeting.

We must have a scout French based over there and we buy promising players like Alan Carr's Dad does at Newcastle.

He might even be moonlighting for us!

If this rumour is right, it looks like Steve Lansdown is turning into Mike Ashley and trying to make us the Championship Newcastle (minus the support), with his "Alan Pardew" already in place (Cotts).

Who will be our "John 'I'm bloody great, me' Carver"? Wade??

And we must have a Joe Kinnear knocking around AG already....

6 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Funniest thing I've heard for ages, he's got one foot nowhere near that standard.

Is that the foot he stands on? Ten goals in a struggling side, compared to ten goals for Afobe in a good side, who's just signed up for the premiership.

It was a misread quote from someone else but, I believe he probably would go to the premiership, eventually, once he's used to English football. Now you can wet yourself.

5 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

If this rumour is right, it looks like Steve Lansdown is turning into Mike Ashley and trying to make us the Championship Newcastle (minus the support), with his "Alan Pardew" already in place (Cotts).

Who will be our "John 'I'm bloody great, me' Carver"? Wade??

And we must have a Joe Kinnear knocking around AG already....

Then we must be putting in a bid for "Yohan Kebab" soon then?

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

Is that the foot he stands on? Ten goals in a struggling side, compared to ten goals for Afobe in a good side, who's just signed up for the premiership.

It was a misread quote from someone else but, I believe he probably would go to the premiership, eventually, once he's used to English football. Now you can wet yourself.

Wolves a good side? You sure? 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Ok, would you swap positions? So compared to us they're average?

I didn't say they were distinctly average compared to anyone just that they are distinctively average. We are shite - that's a whole new level.

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

I didn't say they were distinctly average compafred to anyone just that they are distinctively average. We are shite - that's a whole new level.

I really don't want to come across as pedantic but, you'd have to compare them with someone to state they were average.  I probably should have said club, because in most peoples opinion they would be considered a good club.

So is Afobe that much better than Kodjia, who has the same tally, that he's deemed good enough for the prem but Kodjia aint. It's a matter of opinions and it seems like, you don't rate our leading scorer.

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

I really don't want to come across as pedantic but, you'd have to compare them with someone to state they were average.  I probably should have said club, because in most peoples opinion they would be considered a good club.

So is Afobe that much better than Kodjia, who has the same tally, that he's deemed good enough for the prem but Kodjia aint. It's a matter of opinions and it seems like, you don't rate our leading scorer.

Maybe I've joined the conversation too late and misunderstood.... Afobe has not impressed me when I have seen him play so on a value for money basis Kodjia wins hands down for me. 

However, Kodjia has missed shed loads of chances whereas when I have seen Afobe (limited admittedly) he seems to take more of his chances so is maybe a little more clinical. Who knows. I guess we'll see if Afobe makes the step up - I have my doubts.

BTW - when I said distinctively average - I meant against the other teams I have seen is this division.

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Maybe I've joined the conversation too late and misunderstood.... Afobe has not impressed me when I have seen him play so on a value for money basis Kodjia wins hands down for me. 

However, Kodjia has missed shed loads of chances whereas when I have seen Afobe (limited admittedly) he seems to take more of his chances so is maybe a little more clinical. Who knows. I guess we'll see if Afobe makes the step up - I have my doubts.

BTW - when I said distinctively average - I meant against the other teams I have seen is this division.

Afobe is also a fair bit younger, and English. Hasn't played as well this season due to Dicko's injury - he links up really well with Dicko who does lots of the donkey work just behind Afobe. 

Archived