IGNORED

How much are our players paid?

Fordy62

Just interested in people's opinions here. We're talking only our own permanent players, so Baker doesn't count. 

I'll give you a list of our starting 11 + a couple and let's see what we think they're paid. 

If we can come to some sort of agreement it should give us a firm idea on which to suggest what we should be offering potential signings...

fielding

little

bryan

williams

flint

ayling

smith

pack

freeman

kodjia

wilbs

agard

burns

reid

wildcard - Arnie

I imagine they're all pretty much on the same. New contract ext signed in the summer may be on a grand or so more a week. Kodjia probably highest paid I'd imagine. Burns and Reid lowest paid as they signed last contract in league 1 and weren't 1st team regulars at the time. 

Find out wage bill for last yr, add 25% promotion pay rise and just divide it. 

4 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I imagine they're all pretty much on the same. New contract ext signed in the summer may be on a grand or so more a week. Kodjia probably highest paid I'd imagine. Burns and Reid lowest paid as they signed last contract in league 1 and weren't 1st team regulars at the time. 

Find out wage bill for last yr, add 25% promotion pay rise and just divide it. 

I don't mind sensible well thought out replies. But it's a little annoying when they're the first post in the thread thus discouraging people from coming up with ridiculously fantastic weekly wages! 

Please @PrideOfTheWest don't ruin the fun. 

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

fielding - £3k

little - £3k

bryan - £4k

williams - £3k

flint - £3k

ayling - £2.5k

smith £3.5k

pack £2k

freeman £4k + as many potatoes as he can eat

kodjia - £7.5k

wilbs - £6k

agard - £4k

burns - £1.5k

reid - £1.5k

wildcard - Arnie £750

I'll admit I thought the unlikely guesses would be at the other end of the scale. 

I think the answer lies within the total annual salary spend that'll give you the best estimation (Squad/Spend =£Average).

An indication perhaps...close family of mine are still current pro's and the real money is in the signing on fee as that's what bought their houses, cars etc. The salary pays of course but one is paid c.£75k and another c.£90k, bonuses are lucrative (paid for the Disney holiday as an example) one is made up with some strange payments such as "Productivity bonus" where his contribution to the game vs miles covered is rewarded.

I've often told him run like a headless chicken hoofing balls everywhere and you'll be quids in but the reply always is the same "doesn't work like that mate"

These provide the true top ups to the salary and make the difference, that might be what lies at the heart of our pay structure and therefore is putting off potential recruits as they want the salary upfront without catches??

Putting it into perspective I have a loose connection with a Premier Team and they pay the same for their development squad as these guys - so as we can all gather higher up the food chain = Dosh £££

31 minutes ago, Nomad said:

fielding - £3k

little - £3k

bryan - £4k

williams - £3k

flint - £3k

ayling - £2.5k

smith £3.5k

pack £2k

freeman £4k + as many potatoes as he can eat

kodjia - £7.5k

wilbs - £6k

agard - £4k

burns - £1.5k

reid - £1.5k

wildcard - Arnie £750

X2

SL said recently that 2k was a decent wage in league 1 last season. If that's the case then I doubt many of our team are on much more than 5k this year. Doesn't sound much in football terms but £250,000 a year plus. I'd even move to Bolton for that!

58 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I think the answer lies within the total annual salary spend that'll give you the best estimation (Squad/Spend =£Average).

An indication perhaps...close family of mine are still current pro's and the real money is in the signing on fee as that's what bought their houses, cars etc. The salary pays of course but one is paid c.£75k and another c.£90k, bonuses are lucrative (paid for the Disney holiday as an example) one is made up with some strange payments such as "Productivity bonus" where his contribution to the game vs miles covered is rewarded.

I've often told him run like a headless chicken hoofing balls everywhere and you'll be quids in but the reply always is the same "doesn't work like that mate"

These provide the true top ups to the salary and make the difference, that might be what lies at the heart of our pay structure and therefore is putting off potential recruits as they want the salary upfront without catches??

Putting it into perspective I have a loose connection with a Premier Team and they pay the same for their development squad as these guys - so as we can all gather higher up the food chain = Dosh £££

As an example I know the players all got a £18k bonus when they got promoted in 2007. 

2014 annual report shows 51 playing staff with a total of 170 group staff on the books. 

Including them the wage bill was £9.9M.

Even accounting for our significantly smaller playing squad this season I'd say the wage bill is probably the same due to the increase in the match day, facilities and Heads of Departments that we have added since these accounts plus any wage/bonus % increases due to promotion  

Clearly these stadium staff additions are not on players salaries but it all still adds up. 

Based on that £9.9M / 170 people is £58k per person. Obviously the PT club shop colleague isn't paid that so extrapolate to a players salary and the maths doesn't add up to players on £10k a week as the wage bill would be over £25M

I don't think we are far off from averages of £5k per week. 

4 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

As an example I know the players all got a £18k bonus when they got promoted in 2007. 

Sounds reasonable and as I've said its the bonuses that really make the difference at L1 and below to their £OTE. 

But players at this level and above don't just want to sign for something they "might get" they want the money in their back pocket every payday - and the agents know this. 

Thats why SL etc said in the summer they were surprised about the increases in Championship salaries, the TV money has made such a massive difference in such a short space of time as clubs relegated from the PL have huge parachute payments that they know they can spend to drive the push back into the money the next season. 

A massive financial gamble that can push a club like ours to the wall without being self funding or at the very least sustainable. 

Regardless of a Billionaire Chairman. 

I've been told by someone who would have no need to lie about it that Kodjia is on £15k per week.

I really don't want to get into a 'source' discussion and not claiming to be itk about much all else going on at AG because I really don't. My info may be incorrect and I'm not using it to try gain brownie points with anyone, just sharing what I've been told (by someone who 'could' know this to be accurate) as per the thread subject.

41 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

2014 annual report shows 51 playing staff with a total of 170 group staff on the books. 

Including them the wage bill was £9.9M.

Even accounting for our significantly smaller playing squad this season I'd say the wage bill is probably the same due to the increase in the match day, facilities and Heads of Departments that we have added since these accounts plus any wage/bonus % increases due to promotion  

Clearly these stadium staff additions are not on players salaries but it all still adds up. 

Based on that £9.9M / 170 people is £58k per person. Obviously the PT club shop colleague isn't paid that so extrapolate to a players salary and the maths doesn't add up to players on £10k a week as the wage bill would be over £25M

I don't think we are far off from averages of £5k per week. 

Worth noting that many of the staff now appear to be working for Bristol Sport Limited rather than being within the Bristol City Holdings group.

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Worth noting that many of the staff now appear to be working for Bristol Sport Limited rather than being within the Bristol City Holdings group.

Interesting, shifting the same money around but all coming out the same pot, as my boss says "Wooden Dollars"

Be even more interesting to see April's statement then as to where the directors remuneration is being attributed and what (if any) increases have been made on last year???

Archived