IGNORED

David Lloyd Q&A

View from the Dolman

From Andy Stockhausen on Twitter... 

MESSAGE: @bcfctweets fans are invited to attend a Q&A session with fans liason officer David Lloyd in the Atyeo Stand on Saturday. This will take place immediately following the game v Middlesbrough. David will attempt to provide answers to many of the questions fans have currently. Please do stay behind if you want to hear answers.

Fair play to DL, he's got some metal to front up to it. But, I find it rather disgraceful and a sign of contempt to the fans that someone far more senior is not fronting this. By all means have the FLO in attendance, but by no reason should he be doing this solo. 

May get a few bits but doubt we'll get much from this, if the club wanted to give the fans a real idea of what's going on Lansdown would do a Q&A with Cotterill, believe they did a joint one before? But Steve has done away ones before, wouldn't be hard to do a home Q&A.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

May get a few bits but doubt we'll get much from this, if the club wanted to give the fans a real idea of what's going on Lansdown would do a Q&A with Cotterill, believe they did a joint one before? But Steve has done away ones before, wouldn't be hard to do a home Q&A.

Why hasn't SL done a Q&A with fans this season? Usually happens twice a season.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Why hasn't SL done a Q&A with fans this season? Usually happens twice a season.

Well it was more like once a season.

Last one at AG was just after SC was appointed i think?? Possibly early 2014, so about 2 years ago.

I heard somewhere a couple of months ago that the board were keen to hold another one but have heard nothing further.

I can't see David Lloyd commenting on any footballing matters - he works for Bristol Sport for one.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well it was more like once a season.

Last one at AG was just after SC was appointed i think?? Possibly early 2014, so about 2 years ago.

I heard somewhere a couple of months ago that the board were keen to hold another one but have heard nothing further.

I can't see David Lloyd commenting on any footballing matters - he works for Bristol Sport for one.

There was usually an official one and then a more laid back one in a pub/bar before an away game. Although maybe my mind has blurred and that was before he stepped down as Chairman.

Regardless, the communication has been absolutely shocking this season. I guess the club are rightly embarrassed by what has happened but it hasn't helped.

1 minute ago, BCFC Jordan said:

There was usually an official one and then a more laid back one in a pub/bar before an away game. Although maybe my mind has blurred and that was before he stepped down as Chairman.

Regardless, the communication has been absolutely shocking this season. I guess the club are rightly embarrassed by what has happened but it hasn't helped.

Sorry Jordan but Steve Lansdown didn't sound embarrassed in the slightest on the radio before Christmas. He was speaking as if not much was wrong in fact. He said ideally he would liked us to have signed an experienced midfielder and competition for Frankie. He said he had been given no list of players (this was a week before Christmas) and sounded fairly laid back.

Maybe privately he realises what a disaster the past 7 months have been, I dunno...

21 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I for one won't be wasting my time going to this - the only 3 people I want answers from for the fiasco of this season is Burt, SC and SL.

put them in a room together so we can find out once and for all who the bullshitters are.

Quite right. They should step up - it looks so cowardly to put DL up there on his own. Very convenient they put someone up who isn't at liberty to answer real questions fans have, it's not fair on him.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Quite right. They should step up - it looks so cowardly to put DL up there on his own. Very convenient they put someone up who isn't at liberty to answer real questions fans have, it's not fair on him.

They should indeed. It also seems rather disrespectful of them towards DL to put him up to it unaided also, assuming it was not his suggestion/initiative. 

Archived