IGNORED

This is so sad.

Esmond Million's Bung

13 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

It's hard to believe that this could happen, considering the way footballers at the top level are treated today.  

indeed this guy was the Wayne Rooney of his day and played for 20 years and these days we have incredibly average young multi millionaires, who don't care whether they play or not because they still get paid far too much either way.

I was brought up in a boys home of 400  boys in kent in the late 1940s and early fifties.Tommy Lawton was the the footballer we all wanted to be.They said he could head a ball harder than most people could kick it.I had his autograph when he was at notts county but lost it when my parents moved.How times change and glad you took the time to mention him.Cheers

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Nothing wrong with it, it's history and let's put this way i'm sure neither of them give a **** now anyway, unless you know differently.

Its personal correspondence if it was ment for public consumption both would have released it during their lives. Just because they are dead does not make it right imo.

Everything wrong with it. Have to disagree with you on this Es.

5 minutes ago, TRL said:

Its personal correspondence if it was ment for public consumption both would have released it during their lives. Just because they are dead does not make it right imo.

Everything wrong with it. Have to disagree with you on this Es.

Well your entitled to your opinion, but i'm glad that it entered into the public domain and so i'm sure does CockneyDave who actually lived through that era and Tommy Lawton was his hero, you might as well stop all stories about Gazza.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well your entitled to your opinion, but i'm glad that it entered into the public domain and so i'm sure does CockneyDave who actually lived through that era and Tommy Lawton was his hero, you might as well stop all stories about Gazza.

Don't mind stories being told. Just think there is something morally wrong publicising personal letters... Especially something like this which I am sure Tommy would not have wanted made public.

More stuff to sell papers.  

8 minutes ago, TRL said:

Don't mind stories being told. Just think there is something morally wrong publicising personal letters... Especially something like this which I am sure Tommy would not have wanted made public.

More stuff to sell papers.  

That doesn't make sense, that letter could only have come from one source but yes Gazza news does sell papers.

Archived