IGNORED

The board...

BCFC1512

“The club’s aspiration is to ultimately become a Premier League club and this decision has been made to achieve our overall strategy for growth and player development.”

so why have this ridiculous wage cap! We will NEVER get to the premier league only paying 8-10k a week!!

Amateur. Naieve. Clueless. They were 'shocked' at the wages required in the championship we heard. Well we were basically promoted in march so clearly our top businessman have no idea in business if they couldnt plan ahead with some knowledge. 

Cheap manager will be on the way in and have to follow the same guidelines. 

Shocking decision and may just have hammered the last nail in our relegation coffin. 

When did we ever sack a manager with a 46% win rate ffs!!!

Mr Dawe called us an 'Organisation' rather than a football club. Exactly the same words as those just used on a Sky Sports by the owner of the New England Patriots. Whether we like it or believe it we are now a franchise.

It will be a manager journeyman, just another stay, no one with a vision or a goal. Neil Warnock and Ian Holloway come to mind, decent managers but they have no real tactics or forward thinking mindsets. Steve tried something different with us, we need someone as revolutionary as him, similar to Paul Clement at Derby, who has travelled and learned. 

2 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

It will be a manager journeyman, just another stay, no one with a vision or a goal. Neil Warnock and Ian Holloway come to mind, decent managers but they have no real tactics or forward thinking mindsets. Steve tried something different with us, we need someone as revolutionary as him, similar to Paul Clement at Derby, who has travelled and learned. 

Steve Clarke it is then

Dawe says :

“The club’s aspiration is to ultimately become a Premier League club and this decision has been made to achieve our overall strategy for growth and player development.”

Further back he says he brought Cotterill to Bristol City. (Many of us doubt this because we think the Owner decides everything and the so-called Board and Chairman are a sham). But if it is true, then Dawe is responsible for hiring the wrong person to carry out "the strategy".

It's not very good staff selection for a crucial position by people who are  millionaire/billionaire business-men is it?

But as said above if they again hire someone without high level/Premiership experience, a "name" manager who can overcome our lack of allure and sign quality footballers, then we will know yet again that they are not serious. They are amateur fantacists in football terms.

We had someone who fitted the bill before for "the strategy" who was with us for a very brief stay. Why did he jack it in?

Why do we persist in banging on about the board? Lansdown sums up the expression flatters to deceive, From a footballing perspective he's achieved nothing since taking over. Nice property portfolio though. He makes the decisions and they're consistently bad. 

The faint hope is last time faith in 'upstairs' was so low they made the right move, albeit to hire the man they've just sacked.

The biggest fear is they've got so many appointments wrong in the past that for me, better the devil you know/knew. 

45 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Amateur. Naieve. Clueless. They were 'shocked' at the wages required in the championship we heard. Well we were basically promoted in march so clearly our top businessman have no idea in business if they couldnt plan ahead with some knowledge. 

Cheap manager will be on the way in and have to follow the same guidelines. 

Shocking decision and may just have hammered the last nail in our relegation coffin. 

When did we ever sack a manager with a 46% win rate ffs!!!

That win ratio includes the 22 losses this season - had we bought well then it would be significantly higher - even Sir Alex ended up around 58% with Man U!

Sad that our board of directors never really take a chance in view that Mr SL is the 50th richest man in the UK !

3 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Why do we persist in banging on about the board? Lansdown sums up the expression flatters to deceive, From a footballing perspective he's achieved nothing since taking over. Nice property portfolio though. He makes the decisions and they're consistently bad. 

Thing is mate for more and more people the latest catastrophes have made it crystal clear. He's both the benefactor and biggest obstacle to Bristol City FC.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The same people crying about greedy footballers and unsustainable debt at other times.

I'm not doing that. I'm trying to find out why Bristol City FC is so badly run. I've seen Keith Dawe once at a meeting, never in the Public eye, Jon Lansdown has disappeared. The man who was the Chairman, who is the owner, is still acting like he's the Chairman ..........................

It clearly proves that one of the most profitable businessmen in the South West through his days building Hargreaves Lansdown (and in the top rich-list in the uk) continues to struggle to manage a Football Club in the right way. Bad decision after bad decision and on this occasion not backing the manager and willing to break the wage structure.

Do we honestly believe that players at the bigger clubs do not play 100% because "Mr Smith" might be on a higher weekly wage than the rest of the squad?

Imagine it - lets take Rooney for example. Prob on 150k a week. The right back at Man U says "Im only on 50k a week - that's not fair fair boss, I'm only putting in 50% effort this season!" 

FFS - I dont agree with the ridiculous wages football players receive but does it upset if one player is paid more than another - that's the policy in every employment industry in the world!

7 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Thing is mate for more and more people the latest catastrophes have made it crystal clear. He's both the benefactor and biggest obstacle to Bristol City FC.

We're captivated by his money. Without it we'd disappear into obscurity, We'd be as bad as Bolton who'll probably find a way out of their mess and be challenging for the Prem again in a season or two. Portsmouth will manage it before us. This obsession about security allows Lansdown to spend zero on players and get away with it. Plenty of people on here say that they don't want to be in the Premiership for reasons I understand and they can feel comfortable in the knowledge that they'll get that with Lansdown in charge,

7 minutes ago, reddoc said:

We're captivated by his money. Without it we'd disappear into obscurity, We'd be as bad as Bolton who'll probably find a way out of their mess and be challenging for the Prem again in a season or two. Portsmouth will manage it before us. This obsession about security allows Lansdown to spend zero on players and get away with it. Plenty of people on here say that they don't want to be in the Premiership for reasons I understand and they can feel comfortable in the knowledge that they'll get that with Lansdown in charge,

I really can appreciate the last bit mate. eg. I'm not sure that I would be comfortable watching a Bristol City team in the Premiership that contained no uk players . But the thing is Lansdown has said he wants the Premiership!  If he really means that he has to accept that he must hand things over to people that can truly achieve it. He won't. He's a contradiction.

4 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I really can appreciate the last bit mate. eg. I'm not sure that I would be comfortable watching a Bristol City team that contained no uk players in the Premiership. But the thing is Lansdown has said he wants the Premiership!  If he really means that he has to accept that he must hand things over to people that can truly achieve it. He's a contradiction.

That's a really nice way of describing him. I think possibly you're being too kind

1 hour ago, Cardy said:

Mr Dawe called us an 'Organisation' rather than a football club. Exactly the same words as those just used on a Sky Sports by the owner of the New England Patriots. Whether we like it or believe it we are now a franchise.

Well, we're not a franchise, are we?  We cannot be picked up and moved, we will always be "Bristol" City.  we will always have a team to support.  Get a grip.

15 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Some proper belters on this thread. Not a clue.

Wage cap?!

Slagging off the board?!

Ok....

I'll give you wage cap but seriously of course people are going to question the board. I'll sing the praises about lots of things going on off the field with the ground and the training ground, I'll even support their reputed stance on a wage cap because I was not one of those PSR alludes to - far from it I'm in the cautious ranks. 

But, since SL has been here he's sacked every manager bar Pulis and even his position was untenable here. If you think about it that is really quite damning that over such a significant time frame (and number of managers) that arguably one manager at best progressed themselves whilst here and working for him. When you then look at return on investment, look at how few players we've spun a profit on, look at how few players we've brought through the academy, at how little media attention (generally) we can generate, it suggests so much poor recruitment throughout the ranks and so much poor strategy that questioning competence is really not unreasonable. 

Guest BCFC Taunton1
2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

so why have this ridiculous wage cap! We will NEVER get to the premier league only paying 8-10k a week!!

Your clueless!!!!

Our media profile is pathetic considering who & how wealthy our owner is.

Especially more so considering our high profile supporters  such as Richard Scudamore, PL Executive Chairman.

Surely with connections like this you'd think we'd have players queueing up to join us.

There must be something seriously wrong at Board level for this not to be the case...

Archived