IGNORED

The Search For Our Next Future Ex Manager

Esmond Million's Bung

Very depressing. If it was hard to recruit a player I reckon it would be a damn way harder to get a manager. If you look at it rationally as a neutral: SC won the league last year and was backed with just one perm signing (just an outsider looking in), no manager has used us as a platform in recent times, our fans have written us off despite being 2 points off 21st and our board come out with guff and total over ambition talking about the Prem when we occupy a relegation spot in the championship in addition to the first point about one perm signing since we've been in the Championship. The media are also painting SC as unfortunate to have been sacked. 

Honestly those looking in from the outside must look at us and think what a mess and a basket case. 

Now I'm sure if we can get someone to interview there's plenty of positives to point out and it's not as bad as said: new ground, great training facilities, young squad and room to recruit (I'm sure some will scorn but it is an advantage that a new manager has freedom to build a squad, if backed and as a club we can close a deal). But I do think getting the right person on the hook will be troublesome. 

12 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it surely is but our recent average is one every 2 years, which is depressing, when SC got the job the buzz word was continuity.

The average tenure in English football is 1.2 years so that's not that bad.  In the Championship last year it was 0.9 years

44 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

The average tenure in English football is 1.2 years so that's not that bad.  In the Championship last year it was 0.9 years

Yes I understand all of that, but my point is I thought that in the 'new dawn' at AG, you know the 5 pillars etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, BCFC were attempting to above 'average', that didn't last very long did it.

Archived