IGNORED

A 46% Win Ratio - Day of Sacking!

Tomo

17 minutes ago, tomo said:

But we have only won 4 games this season,

I would have given him this season at the least!

Reason for this season's lack of results = NO backing from the Board!

Said it before and say it again IMO reason for this season's lack of results is a number of players are not good enough at Championship level. Time will tell whether a new manager can turn them into Championship players.

But he's 15% this season. 

Thats piss-poor by anyone's standards. 

FF, ML, JB, AF, DW, LA, KS, MP, LF, AW, KA. 

Thats the team from last year that stormed the league. Apart from KA for JK (an obvious upgrade) it's the same team. A decent manager would be able to guide that team to better than a 15% win ratio. 

Not sure about that Harry (Shocks) - MK have added players, Preston have added players - we have not added players (albeit a number of players on loan that we have not played!)

We have not added players to improve the squad (on permanent contracts) due to our wage structure and possibly the higher expectations of what Cotts thought we could bring to the club. Ultimately, I do blame the board (as you probably already know),

I was the first person to agree when we sacked Mr O'Driscoll but this latest departure doesn't sit that comfortable with me. You could arguably say that the board are always the reason for our lack of progress:-

Without going back to far:-

Coppell - too stressed to deal with LIFE but a lack of budget
Millen - Cheap alternative
Derek M - Cheap option
SOD - Proven at Tier 3 but then told to use youth players only (but seriously boring!)
Cotts - Achieved the Tier 3 promotion and then not supported to push on

When you look at that you have to admire Gary Johnson for getting is to the play off final to reach the promised land on a limited spend and budget policy !

We look forward and will always love and support OUR CLUB

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

But he's 15% this season. 

Thats piss-poor by anyone's standards. 

In that case mate I'd love to see the reconciliation of that with being so disappointed when SOD was sacked with an 11% win ratio in Division 3.

59 minutes ago, tomo said:

But we have only won 4 games this season,

I would have given him this season at the least!

Reason for this season's lack of results = NO backing from the Board!

exactly this and there is no likely hood of that changing for the next manager who-ever he is; we and SC have been shat on by our own board well and truly, duck em.

5 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

exactly this and there is no likely hood of that changing for the next manager who-ever he is; we and SC have been shat on by our own board well and truly, duck em.

It's a similar story - "buy cheap and buy often" and that seems to be the story in terms of the player turnover and managers at the club

Very Sad!

6 minutes ago, shelts said:

Great stats in previous division, shocking at Championship level. Has he been let down by promises made by the board?

yes he has, and we have as will the next fool who tries to manage our lot

A good way to consider his success and failings is to compare what he did after promotion in comparison to Gary Johnson.  Johnson bought Sproule, Elliott, McIndoe and Trundle which clearly was an improvement on what we had.  They were realistic targets - 2 were massive successes, one was decent and one was a slight disappointment. 

If the owner and board are serious about staying up and looking for promotion they simply need to appoint someone who will have a grasp on which players can be attracted based on our circumstances.  It's a time to take a few risks - maybe a short term contract here, a loan there, a punt on a lower league player with potential. 

Whatever anyone says the stats are there, this team can compete even with the team right now. Cotts tactically inept. Fact!

12 points lost this season from conceding goals in final 10 minutes of games.... Where would we be? Can't all be down to lack of signing I'm afraid

Archived