IGNORED

Impact on the WBA game

Lack of Action Man

Whilst the FA cup is without doubt our second priority at the moment, I cannot help but feel slightly underwhelmed now that SC is gone going into this match. What was evident was that, given the right circumstances, the players were willing to run themselves into the ground for SC and the inconvincing 3-5-2 formation.

I'm certain that we will recruit a new manager shortly, however this new manager will no doubt have new methods and new systems for the players to learn. I think we can write off the Boro game as it is likely a Pemberton/Elliott double act will be in charge, but I had hoped that we might take WBA to extra time or penalties. Now I'm feeling that won't be the case: if the aforementioned caretaker team are in charge I feel it is unlikely we can hope for much as the players mentality won't be right. If it is a new permanent manager in charge, I doubt the players will have had enough time to adapt to his methods and style.

In all, I guess what I'm trying to say is that this sacking (which I agree with on paper) has come at a most bizarre time, and it is my feeling that it actually has made our replay a bit of a damp squib which is disappointing if, like me, you bought your tickets on the back of our performance at The Hawthorns.

Archived