IGNORED

Fantasy manager search

harvey54

Just pretend for a few moments that you are Mr L.

You have a blank piece of paper in front of you and you draw up a short-list of 3 managers in order of preference to be approached for the vacant City manager's job .

Who are your 3 names? (Keep it sensible please people, Jose and Pep are slightly out of Mr L's league atm).

Mine are:

1. David Moyes

2. Tim Sherwood

3. Nigel Pearson

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

You have a blank piece of paper in front of you and you draw up a short-list of 3 managers in order of preference to be approached for the vacant City manager's job .

Who are your 3 names? (Keep it sensible please people, Jose and Pep are slightly out of Mr L's league atm).

Mine are:

1. David Moyes

2. Tim Sherwood

3. Nigel Pearson

You say keep it sensible and then have David Moyes as number one.  Sherwood is a clown. Pearson will probably think he can do better.

My realistic choice is Steve Clarke. The rest of the list is pretty damn depressing. I find myself thinking Lee Johnson and Michael Appleton after that which I don't actually want!

I think the starting point has to be what you want the manager to achieve and what resources you are going to give him. Lansdown's appointments to date (can't recall whether he was solely in charge when Wilson got the job) would be Tinnion; GJ; Coppell; Millen; McInnes; SO'D; Steve Cotterill….

…if you can see a pattern in that you're seeing something I can't! Feels like a lurch from one style of manager to another more or less every time decision has to be made...

16 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Mine are:

1. David Moyes

2. Tim Sherwood

3. Nigel Pearson

Sherwood lmfao!

Archived