IGNORED

No one lined up

Snufflelufagus

Should City manage to make an appointment by then, the new manager will have precious little time in which to recruit players. The window for emergency loan signings reopens on February 8, but by then, the Robins will have just 16 games left in which to pull clear of relegation trouble and retain their Championship status.

Despite some of the high-profile names being bandied about by bookmakers and pundits, City are unlikely to opt for a quick-fix solution, preferring to appoint a manager for the long haul.

where have we heard this old chestnut before, we have had decades of hauling :badmood:

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

If this is the case then yet another shambles overseen by an incompetent board. If we were going to make the change why not sooner to allow us to prepare properly for the January window. 

Apparently some on the board wanted SC out in November . Small consolation .

16 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I find this hard to believe. Surely they would have sacked SC after the Middlesborough game tomorrow if no one's already been sorted. They must have someone to move in over the weekend. If they haven't then the board are more useless than I already think!

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

Fair play to the board they should've sacked Cotts way before they did, past glories gave him time, of course they had a plan of who might be our next manager. The board aren't that clueless or stupid. 

Good one..

Think we need to remember that this has come from the post. The same company that get most of their stories from here.

Just because it's in black and white doesn't make it true. I'm not saying the story is wrong, but nobody ever believes them usually. 

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Should City manage to make an appointment by then, the new manager will have precious little time in which to recruit players. The window for emergency loan signings reopens on February 8, but by then, the Robins will have just 16 games left in which to pull clear of relegation trouble and retain their Championship status.

Despite some of the high-profile names being bandied about by bookmakers and pundits, City are unlikely to opt for a quick-fix solution, preferring to appoint a manager for the long haul.

where have we heard this old chestnut before, we have had decades of hauling :badmood:

I am beside myself with frustration and anger. We are being kept like mushrooms and we as fans deserve better. The board need to grow a pair. Get a top manager, pay him what he is worth and more if necessary and keep us in this league. I don't give a sh!te about the long haul. Board get a grip before its too late!

I find it remarkable that SC did the press conference for Saturday's game v Boro and then he was sacked. It was also on a Thursday, who the fudge sacks a manager on a Thursday 'after' he's done a press conference for a game that's only two days away?! 

We must have someone lined up, it's inconceivable that we haven't, because the timing of the sacking just isn't normal. But....... I guess anything can happen at our club!

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I find it remarkable that SC did the press conference for Saturday's game v Boro and then he was sacked. It was also on a Thursday, who the fudge sacks a manager on a Thursday 'after' he's done a press conference for a game that's only two days away?! 

We must have someone lined up, it's inconceivable that we haven't, because the timing of the sacking just isn't normal. But....... I guess anything can happen at our club!

Maybe we approached someone, but they suggested they wouldn't consider the role until SC was gone?

8 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Well either that or a big bust-up at some time in the late afternoon.  Which might explain why he was informed by phone call and the slightly less than fulsome tributes to his achievements here.

Agree with all that are confused by the turn of events. Maybe we'll never find out why it took 2 days after a defeat to make the decision, why it is rumoured to have been made prior to his pre-match press conference. 

I wondered whether in that press conference he either said (discussed the finances about Clough?) or didn't say (an apology for the bust up with the fans?) something that he wasn't or was meant to. After the press conference, annoyed with him for saying or not saying what he agreed to, the board may then have made the decision to get rid. Complete speculation of course. Just something not adding up in all of this.

2 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Agree with all that are confused by the turn of events. Maybe we'll never find out why it took 2 days after a defeat to make the decision, why it is rumoured to have been made prior to his pre-match press conference.

I wondered whether in that press conference he either said (discussed the finances about Clough?) or didn't say (an apology for the bust up with the fans?) something that he wasn't or was meant to. After the press conference, annoyed with him for saying or not saying what he agreed to, the board may then have made the decision to get rid. Complete speculation of course. Just something not adding up in all of this.

On an operating basis of the football club, it's incredibly foolish to sack your manager mid way through a very important transfer window (where we are already ridiculously light on numbers as it is), with just a day for temporary manager(s) to prepare squad for an upcoming game, and without an appointment in the pipeline ready to sign on the dotted line.

Not being funny, but surely the club could have waited until after the Boro/WBA game, certainly don't think the decision to get rid yesterday is going to do anything for players/fans morale going into next two games.

Utterly bewildering timing from the board....

Exactly.which makes me think something happened that afternoon or during the press conference. Don't think we'll ever find out. Unless a manager is announced within a day or so as that would probably explain it - they got a yes during the afternoon so got rid. Still gutted for Cotts.

Archived