IGNORED

Wes Starts Finally

REDOXO

Good to see, formation is interesting. Presumably we had used this formation up until Cotts got the sack in training. Indicates Wade and Pemberton didn't necessarily believe in 532 to throw it out the window late on.

No-one expecting much from today, good chance to try something new. Good luck to Wes and the rest of the boys.

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Excellent news. However he needs a run of games not a one off. I hope he shows enough to make himself undroppable.

On thing this line up has that has been missing from other lines ups is pace; Bryan, Reid, Burns, Kodjia - can see us breaking well on them.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

On thing this line up has that has been missing from other lines ups is pace; Bryan, Reid, Burns, Kodjia - can see us breaking well on them.

It's certainly more exciting than the normal line-up. Glad Pemberton and Wade decided to make some much needed changes.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Spoke really well on RB post match too 

Very honest and down to earth

Even thanked SC for helping him !!

Good on ya

Blimey. Very gracious, sounds like @djb6162 raised a good 'un. 

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good to see, formation is interesting. Presumably we had used this formation up until Cotts got the sack in training. Indicates Wade and Pemberton didn't necessarily believe in 532 to throw it out the window late on.

No-one expecting much from today, good chance to try something new. Good luck to Wes and the rest of the boys.

Foggy you are not naive enough to think if SC was in charge today we would have played with a back 4??

What a game, Wes was terrific going forward and defensively. You can tell Wes and bobby know each others game. Good day at Office all round

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't expect to see @djb6162in a fit state to be on the keyboard tonight !!!!

:yawn:

Just back Bob , so will now definately have a long cool one and look forward to the tv highlights for a change.

thanks for all the fantastic messages from everyone and the private ones too,  and of course the hillarious ones as well, Mrs B did have a chuckle i must admit.

To be completely honest i think there is loads more to come from wes, he was blowing at 75, but thats what happens when your not playing i guess.

Joe and Wes were under strict instructions to keep both full backs out of the game which i think to a large degree they did.

personally i would have put agard on for wes for the last 10 , but the injury to baker and Del boy having to go off stopped that, so i guess fate played its part as well.

The  4-3-3 was 4:5:1 at times and a variation on that in the second half as well, but i thought the whole team were immense today and to think we ended up with Waggy wes Joe and Bobby on the same pitch, who would have bet on that before the game.

Really made up for scotty and his parents,  after an awful 6 months.

WBA game is a bonus, but I am hoping we can get something out of the Leeds game and bulld on today.

Finally, real guts from pembo and Wade today, and their courage paid dividends.

5 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Just back Bob , so will now definately have a long cool one and look forward to the tv highlights for a change.

thanks for all the fantastic messages from everyone and the private ones too,  and of course the hillarious ones as well, Mrs B did have a chuckle i must admit.

To be completely honest i think there is loads more to come from wes, he was blowing at 75, but thats what happens when your not playing i guess.

Joe and Wes were under strict instructions to keep both full backs out of the game which i think to a large degree they did.

personally i would have put agard on for wes for the last 10 , but the injury to baker and Del boy having to go off stopped that, so i guess fate played its part as well.

The  4-3-3 was 4:5:1 at times and a variation on that in the second half as well, but i thought the whole team were immense today and to think we ended up with Waggy wes Joe and Bobby on the same pitch, who would have bet on that before the game.

WBA game is a bonus, but I am hoping we can get something out of the Leeds game and bulld on today.

Fair Play DJB - I hope you and Mrs B enjoyed every minute 

Wes looks to have added some bulk (muscle) in last 12 months and looks stronger overall - am I right or is my slightly fuzzy eyesight playing tricks ?

Genuinely thought he was excellent today and I would highlight the fact he snuffed out the threat of prob the best attacking left back in the division

Credit to JP and WE for identifying the threat

7 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

I was so pleased to see Waggy come on…a few more games and he'll be back up to speed!

Well done Wes too…and the rest of the boys. Great result.

5 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Fantastic for you, whatever  highs you have in your own life its nothing compared to the joy you get from your kids being successful at anything.

Archived