IGNORED

What was wrong with Flint??

coxyboy

4 minutes ago, coxyboy said:

Anybody see Flinty when we scored? Only one not to join in with celibrating Korey's arrival, Pack went to get him but shrugged him off. Always cones round ground at end to clap, even more so after a fantastic win but straigh down tunnel. Just curious ??

Maybe he needed a poo. Or a wee. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think Flint is incredibly focussed during the game. Twice he's had a go at overexcited lads who've run on the pitch when we've scored - even in Portugal - whilst people like Ayling had fun with them.

I reckon he just wanted to make sure we didn't concede and focus on the task at hand.

Great thought .

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think Flint is incredibly focussed during the game. Twice he's had a go at overexcited lads who've run on the pitch when we've scored - even in Portugal - whilst people like Ayling had fun with them.

I reckon he just wanted to make sure we didn't concede and focus on the task at hand.

Exactly as I thought too. Keeping his head, as a good pro. 

9 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Gutted that his gaffer has gone. They all are. Great win today and need to keep doing it for SC 

Keep doing it for SC?

Nonsense.

SC was out of his depth and yesterday's man for months.

If we'd played SC formation and team then I could see your point. Fact is we didn't. And sadly that exposes SC's weaknesses even more.

I'd say Flint is simply focused on doing the job he needs to do. More often than not he does that well. If being "a stopper" is what's on his job description.

35 minutes ago, shelts said:

Respect for Cotts.....how about the mugs who pay his wages....

Perhaps he was peed off because of the reaction from some fans at the end of the PNE game, players are human and don't appreciate getting shite one minute and worshipped the next. SC obviously means a lot to Flint and he possibly didn't/doesn't like how he's been sacked. The non celebration was probably his way of showing his feelings.

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Perhaps he was peed off because of the reaction from some fans at the end of the PNE game, players are human and don't appreciate getting shite one minute and worshipped the next. SC obviously means a lot to Flint and he possibly didn't/doesn't like how he's been sacked. The non celebration was probably his way of showing his feelings.

Flint gets in the zone, but may be some truth in that.

Fair play to him, if that is how he felt he as always gave 100%, and as much as anyone got us the three points.

22 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Flint gets in the zone, but may be some truth in that.

Fair play to him, if that is how he felt he as always gave 100%, and as much as anyone got us the three points.

Flint isn't your normal pampered footballer, he came through non league football and probably appreciates more than most of the others just how good his life is now. SC clearly helped that happen.

4 minutes ago, iamsober said:

That was his problem - too many favourites! two words to Flint - grow up

Harsh.

Respect to Flinty. 110% effort, as always, even when no doubt supremely hacked off with the Club for sacking a guy who effectively put his career back on track. Bit of loyalty been shown. Don't have a problem with that - been very professional in my opinion. 

Give it a couple of weeks and he'll be back arranging parties.

Archived