IGNORED

Pembo's player interview

rockinrobin

Just listened to his interview on player and I have to say what an extremely pleasant guy he is. His straight talking and honest views were encouraging but what stood out was his thoughts for this club. He said he has been treated really well from Bristol City and if another manager comes in and wants a different  assistant he for the good of the club would willingly go if it meant the club could continue going forward.

I felt that a breath of fresh air in this money grabbing orientated football business.

Well done John Pemberton hats of to you sir and of course Wadey for your help to get the three points today.

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

It is now clear as many of us thought that SC was arrogant in his managerial style.

I really thought with only one day to prepare Pembo and Wade would stick to SC's formation and merely tweak the set of players.  

They did neither.  They must have been thinking of these changes, perhaps even saying it behind closed doors, for some time.  In particular many of us believed Wes, good enough for Welsh bench in a European qualifier, was certainly good enough for us.  P & W obviously thought so too. Well done Wes.  

Many of us have consistently thought the team was ok (not promotion material but certainly mid table security).

We clearly needed, and need, additions and we still don't know where the blame lies for that failure. But we need anyhow to move on from that.  Many of us were convinced that the problem on the pitch lay with the manager.  Today rather proves that.

Was a brilliant interview. Can't remember watching one from Pembo before. Intelligent, thoughtful, no bells and whistles, have to say, wasn't what I was expecting

After watching it I'd love to think there's a role for the bloke here after the new appointment. Obviously cares and after today it looks like the players fought their socks off for him and Wadey

Top man, Pembo

4 hours ago, rockinrobin said:

Just listened to his interview on player and I have to say what an extremely pleasant guy he is. His straight talking and honest views were encouraging but what stood out was his thoughts for this club. He said he has been treated really well from Bristol City and if another manager comes in and wants a different  assistant he for the good of the club would willingly go if it meant the club could continue going forward.

I felt that a breath of fresh air in this money grabbing orientated football business.

Well done John Pemberton hats of to you sir and of course Wadey for your help to get the three points today.

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

Does"willingly go" mean without a pay off,that would be refreshing but I doubt it

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

It is now clear as many of us thought that SC was arrogant in his managerial style.

I really thought with only one day to prepare Pembo and Wade would stick to SC's formation and merely tweak the set of players.  

They did neither.  They must have been thinking of these changes, perhaps even saying it behind closed doors, for some time.  In particular many of us believed Wes, good enough for Welsh bench in a European qualifier, was certainly good enough for us.  P & W obviously thought so too. Well done Wes.  

Many of us have consistently thought the team was ok (not promotion material but certainly mid table security).

We clearly needed, and need, additions and we still don't know where the blame lies for that failure. But we need anyhow to move on from that.  Many of us were convinced that the problem on the pitch lay with the manager.  Today rather proves that.

You might be right. But after one game? Let's see how things stand after say charlton game. Anyway, left the gate with a smile today ...big three points. Maybe we're not dead and buried just yet

I noted that DJB was very complimentary about JP and what a nice guy he is 

As JP was not someone we hear much about that was good enough for me but it's nice to hear him and he comes across as a great fella

Wasnt a bad player either - saw him Pardew & Co turn a very talented Liverpool over at Villa Park in ? 1990 ? 

Archived