IGNORED

Keep Wade and Pembo

Guest WaggiesQuiff

Guest WaggiesQuiff

Providing an acceptable result against WBA, I wouldn't mind Wade Elliot and John Pemberton staying on as joint head coaches, give them until the end of the season at least, it may work

The only way I would accept this is if the only other alternative was Appleton. 

Credit where it's due to Pembo & Wade. Today was absolutely class & we deserved all 3, but let's not got carried away. It was one game. We NEED an experienced & proven manager. This option is simply a no go for me.

People are forgetting we still need to get four players in to have a good chance of survival. If Cotterill couldn't get them in why would Pemberton and Elliott be any different? You either need a short term fix like Warnock (if no-one suitable is interested how about a short term deal with a large wedge payable in June if he keeps us up?) or a higher profile Manager who can get the required players in during what will be a hectic ten days or so at the end of the window.

30 minutes ago, WaggiesQuiff said:

Providing an acceptable result against WBA, I wouldn't mind Wade Elliot and John Pemberton staying on as joint head coaches, give them until the end of the season at least, it may work

It amazes me how emotion can cloud people's brain.

Basically....Don't be ridiculous 

16 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

No. Good result but need to recruit a top manager to sign some players. Well done all the same, great result.

This. Plus another downside is that it would only be a matter of time before the club would end up sacking them too. They could be with us much longer in their current roles.

No problem at all with this, lots of positives from today, I'm quite sure they can bring a few players in, then either look again if the initial impetus stalls, or in the summer. Looking at today, we need about 4/5 players, including a few older heads. We don't need a panic big name signing, just the players to keep us up. Then look again at things in the summer.

36 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

People are forgetting we still need to get four players in to have a good chance of survival. If Cotterill couldn't get them in why would Pemberton and Elliott be any different? You either need a short term fix like Warnock (if no-one suitable is interested how about a short term deal with a large wedge payable in June if he keeps us up?) or a higher profile Manager who can get the required players in during what will be a hectic ten days or so at the end of the window.

We don't need Warnock to keep us up...Thanks very much.

What I think it might show is that their knowledge of the squad might be key to any new man coming in, who will probably only have gone to bring in two / three players.  Those players need to be in the positions we need them most.

You'd probably say that if we continue to play 433 (or a variant of it), we only need one central striker.  Kodjia will be first choice and we have cover there, albeit not top quality.

We probably need midfield cover, and now all of a sudden we might need a wide right forward to cover Wes?

Pembo and Wade may be vital to ensuring we go after the right players in the right positions to complement the squad.

Just back, still buzzing. If I get that high twice a season I am happy!

Really brave call by the two of them today. However, the only way thiscouod be even considered is if we had a really great manager lined up, but the could not join us to the summer. Even then, obvious risks with our current league position.

1 hour ago, WaggiesQuiff said:

if that was to happen then we couldnt sign any players,and despite cotts constant moaning our squad is to small

2 hours ago, WaggiesQuiff said:

Definitely short sighted thinking looking at those two as permanent cover.

when it starts to go wrong the vultures on here will have a feast.

cotts had a double winning season as leverage and still got crucified.

just has to be an experienced appointment for me otherwise I despair.

1 hour ago, PaulieBS5 said:

We don't need Warnock to keep us up...Thanks very much.

Couldn't agree more. 

He wasn't that good at Liverpool but whilst he did ok at Blackburn that was about 5 or 6 years ago. He's played most games for derby this season though but doubt they'd sell. 

Not sure I see the fascination if I'm honest. 

54 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

if that was to happen then we couldnt sign any players

Why?

Pemberton said on RB that they were hoping to bring in a couple of players next week.

I would however prefer Pearson, but now that Ashton is here we should expect to see activity on the transfer front regardless of who the "manager" is.

Quote from BBC site

New chief operations manager Mark Ashton, who was appointed after Cotterill's sacking on Thursday, says the search for a new boss and ways to strengthen the squad are well under way.

"Conversations are up and running," he told BBC Points West.

"It's very clear we need to bring some players in and we are trying to do that over the next week.

"Along with looking for a new manager or head coach that will be my focus. We need some players in and we need some players in very quickly

1 hour ago, Frenchay Red said:

Why?

Pemberton said on RB that they were hoping to bring in a couple of players next week.

I would however prefer Pearson, but now that Ashton is here we should expect to see activity on the transfer front regardless of who the "manager" is.

Quote from BBC site

New chief operations manager Mark Ashton, who was appointed after Cotterill's sacking on Thursday, says the search for a new boss and ways to strengthen the squad are well under way.

"Conversations are up and running," he told BBC Points West.

"It's very clear we need to bring some players in and we are trying to do that over the next week.

"Along with looking for a new manager or head coach that will be my focus. We need some players in and we need some players in very quickly

So who is signing these players then,must be lansdown,when a owner starts signing players there is something wrong 

4 hours ago, Corsham Alf said:

Delighted for Wade & Pembo with their efforts today but let's not delude ourselves- unproven managers seldom do well at this level. We have to move for a proven manager (Pearson or Clarke). 

Lots of 'unproven managers' have done exceptionally well in the Championship.

Examples being Owen Coyle (took Burnley up to the Premier League in his first season as a manager in England), Tony Mowbray won the Championship title in his first managerial role in England with WBA, Paul Lambert took Norwich to the League One title then won promotion from the Championship to the Premier League the next season - his first season as a Championship boss, Alex Neil took Norwich up to the Premier League in his first season as a Championship manager, Mark Warburton took Brentford out of League One and then took them to the Championship play offs in his first season as a Championship manager....and there are many more examples.

Archived