IGNORED

Sign if you DO want Appleton

Big Red Rich

Nobody wanted Cotts and he took us to the league and cup double. 

People seemed to be pleased with the appointments of O'Dismal, McInnes & Copout and they were all disasters. 

So, on that basis roll on Appleton. Seems everyone will be fuming but watch him take us on the verge of the playoffs this season and the league and FA cup double next.

Not before he's put one over the gas first mind.....

so he at least gets one vote.

1 minute ago, The New Gate said:

Pathetic

What do the club gain from Appleton?

Sweet F A

Should kept Cotterill if that's the case

Look how well he done at Blackpool and Blackburn ?

This

If they are going for Appleton then they might as well have kept Cotts who was pretty much liked by the whole fan base even if we felt it was time for a change.

17 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

People seemed to be pleased with the appointments of O'Dismal, McInnes & Copout and they were all disasters. 

So, on that basis roll on Appleton. Seems everyone will be fuming but watch him take us on the verge of the playoffs this season and the league and FA cup double next.

You seem to know what everybody thinks not!

just say what you think.

Appleton would not be my choice and, for what it's worth, I don't believe he'll be appointed. Not least because, if Oxford have any sense, they'll have put a clause in any settlement with their departing CEO that he can't poach their manager at another club.

However I will back any manager that gets appointed and keep an open mind until they show me what they can do.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Appleton would not be my choice and, for what it's worth, I don't believe he'll be appointed. Not least because, if Oxford have any sense, they'll have put a clause in any settlement with their departing CEO that he can't poach their manager at another club.

However I will back any manager that gets appointed and keep an open mind until they show me what they can do.

Here is no settlement to be made on Ashton, he'd already left them before joining us.

4 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Maybe not my first choice, but whatever. It's SL's money, so his choice, and nobody knows how he will perform. I still want Tisdale, that level of sartorial elegance on the touchline is what City really lack, and is what holds us back.

If it's sartorial elegance you're looking for, why not Chris Eubank? Or that nice Richard O'Brien off Crystal Maze? 

6 minutes ago, The New Gate said:

Pathetic

What do the club gain from Appleton?

Sweet F A

Should kept Cotterill if that's the case

Look how well he done at Blackpool and Blackburn ?

Blackburn & Blackpool who have both shown themselves to be basket cases.

Appleton was highly regarded a few years ago but I think made a couple of bad career moves.

listen, would I rather have a bigger name such as Pearson, Moyes, Steve Clarke etc, obviously. Do I want MA, not really. But with the exception of GJ, every other manager I've been excited about has ended up being awful. I didn't want Cotts & look what he did in a short space of time.....

im still keeping my fingers crossed it will be a big appointment but I'm not holding out much hope.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Here is no settlement to be made on Ashton, he'd already left them before joining us.

The settlement wouldn't be with us but presumably they'd know he'd be looking to get in a similar role on a football club. It'd be easy to attach a clause to any golden handshake saying "you only get this money if you agree to these terms" and I'd be surprised if no parting money was agreed and, if it was, if no stipulations were attached. 

Because they are not football managers, of course. I just like Tisdale, he's done a great job at Exeter, comes across well, slightly eccentric and such wonderful dress sense. Those outfits have done a good apprenticeship at lower levels, maybe time to see if they can step up and grace Championship touchlines.

26 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

I thought ODismal was a fail very early on and went against the crowd in supporting Cotts. I was against the sacking of McInnes on the basis he is a clever guy and would learn from his mistakes. Didn't get chance to form a view on Coppell.

On that basis get me promoted to the board, pay me £500k pa and I will tell "the club" what to do.

The OP is right, nobody is going to vote for Appleton, like nobody would've voted for Cotts.

Whatever us lot think we will back the manager we're given, we just have to hope whoever it is can translate SC success' in L1 into the Championship!

11 minutes ago, Alf said:

The OP is right, nobody is going to vote for Appleton, like nobody would've voted for Cotts.

Whatever us lot think we will back the manager we're given, we just have to hope whoever it is can translate SC success' in L1 into the Championship!

If it's Applleton he will to do do replicate the job SC did in League one

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A lot of assumption Appleton would take the City job!

He's on the verge of taking Oxford to Wembley in the JPT, still in FA Cup, heading for promotion to League One (where we could be next season) - big call for him to make. It's not like other job offers won't be forthcoming in the near future if he stays...

Let's hope so..

Let's be fair here in general we have been f....n pants with our choice of manager

ok for me copps yes millen no derek yes sod yes cotts no.

And every appointment has gone tits up sooner or later.

The only one that has given us any pleasure was cotts and then it seems he was on for self destruction,

So is it possible that someone (pearson) could come in and save us?

By all accounts he's turned down Fulham and Reading and is interested in the city job is this true? If so lets hope the board for once grow a f....n great pair of balls (or do I mean S.L) and for once go for it!!!

Hell weve chickened out so many times and has that worked?

Archived