IGNORED

I Can Say I Was There

TwoSheds

The week started of really bad, death of David Bowie, loss to Preston then the sacking of SC. So to say I was not looking forward to the visit of league leaders Boro was an understatement. Geoff Twentyman said on Radio Bristol the mood in the dressing room was flat, now I’m really worried.

But from the Kick-off we looked up for it tackling back, going forward, playing 4,3,3 Wes Burns Jonathan Kodja Joe Bryan leading the attack. Fast forward now to the last ten minutes I just knew with all our pressure we would score still don’t know who scored but who cares? We had scored against a team going for ten clean sheets a new record for the Championship. Our goal celebration rocking the cradle, our loan keeper dived into the South Stand excellent. Luke Ayling immense and rightly given man of the match.

Finished the day of down the Colston Hall watching Rumours of Fleetwood Mac playing the music I grew up to.

If this turns out to be the turning point of our season I can say I was there.

Jealous.  Missed only my second game of the season as I had a pantomime to go with Joe (charity jobby).  I was regularly refreshing Twitter.  Got rather excited when reading "Derrick Williams.....roof of the net" only to realise that meant on top of the net, not into the roof of the net.

Still think I'm buzzing now, God knows what it must of been like to be there.

2 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Those last few moments brought tears to my eyes , but walking through the concourse glancing at the league table on the screen soon brought back the reality of it all, but nice to walk up winterstoke road with a spring in my step for a change.

You must be going soft Jeff! 

1 hour ago, TwoSheds said:

The week started of really bad, death of David Bowie, loss to Preston then the sacking of SC. So to say I was not looking forward to the visit of league leaders Boro was an understatement. Geoff Twentyman said on Radio Bristol the mood in the dressing room was flat, now I’m really worried.

But from the Kick-off we looked up for it tackling back, going forward, playing 4,3,3 Wes Burns Jonathan Kodja Joe Bryan leading the attack. Fast forward now to the last ten minutes I just knew with all our pressure we would score still don’t know who scored but who cares? We had scored against a team going for ten clean sheets a new record for the Championship. Our goal celebration rocking the cradle, our loan keeper dived into the South Stand excellent. Luke Ayling immense and rightly given man of the match.

Finished the day of down the Colston Hall watching Rumours of Fleetwood Mac playing the music I grew up to.

Nice post but Care to tell him who scored @djb6162 and who cares!?

Superb day and my feelings exactly.  Didn't honestly want to be at the match and see City getting a stuffing, which was what I fully expected, so I couldn't believe what I was watching.  That's what makes football so special, when it can give you an experience like that and that's also what gives you that unbreakable link with the club when you experience days like that.

How were Rumours by the way?  I was lucky enough to see the real Mac at the O2 in the summer, but I've been thinking of having a look at Rumours, as their Youtube stuff sounds good.

Excellent have seen the Real mac twice a long time ago, they played the aqua sulis event at Bath Citys ground the last gig Peter Green played before he left  have still got the program. But back to rumours yes played an excellent set shut your eyes and its like listening to Stevie Nicks. All the old favs Green Manalishi,Oh well Albatross, the Chain, Tusk Man of the world.

Excellent have seen the Real mac twice a long time ago, they played the aqua sulis event at Bath Citys ground the last gig Peter Green played before he left  have still got the program. But back to rumours yes played an excellent set shut your eyes and its like listening to Stevie Nicks. All the old favs Green Manalishi,Oh well Albatross, the Chain, Tusk Man of the world.

Right cheers, I'll look out for them next time they're in Bristol.

I can really recommend Fleetwood Bac too.  They play The Tunnels at Temple Meads a couple of times a year and are spot on.

Just can't get enough of the Mac!!! 

Archived