IGNORED

Manager Moyes

Gordster

So, whilst the debate rages on about who will fill the hot seat, how long should we realistically be waiting?

The season continues on and personally would like to see the manager in place about now. Ok, understand the need to make the right choice and be selective but if we have any chance of saving our season I believe the manager needs to become involved now. Signings are being made without their say so and truly believe this can affect the candidates willingness to jump on board...

Personally for me Moyes is the man by the way...unrealistic? Maybe. But out of the long list of applicants (if he has indeed shown interest) he is clearly the most logical choice to take us to the promised land and beyond. It would be a truly inspired appointment and actually send out a signal to the footballing world (and players looking for their next move) that we are serious and going to be a force to be reckoned with. I truly hope SL shares the same desire and does everything in his power to land David Moyes...a past and popular player and potentially the most exciting and successful manager in our history?

Come on Moyesy, the sleeping giant needs to be woken.

I still find it difficult to comprehend that someone who managed Everton all those years, then Man U (albeit jury is still out on his time there) then Real Sociedad would think that Bristol City would be good on his CV.  I would definitely like him to be the new manager but would be be motivated enough or even want to do the job of getting out of a Championship relegation battle?

You think he's the most logical choice from the long list of applicants?

Great, can you share the list with us? 30 applicants apparently? 

You must have seen it to pick Moyes as the best choice?

Of course I'd like Moyes to be our manager, but it would be great to know who else is actually truly interested in managing our club...

Well as Steve Clarke kept referring to us as 'Bristol' last night we can rule him out as far as i'm concerned, lazy punditry which grates on me everytime I hear it.

Maybe I shouldn't take it so seriously, but if you're going to call us by a one word name then as least use City.

Rant over.

36 minutes ago, ontariored said:

I still find it difficult to comprehend that someone who managed Everton all those years, then Man U (albeit jury is still out on his time there) then Real Sociedad would think that Bristol City would be good on his CV.  I would definitely like him to be the new manager but would be be motivated enough or even want to do the job of getting out of a Championship relegation battle?

No.

13 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Well as Steve Clarke kept referring to us as 'Bristol' last night we can rule him out as far as i'm concerned, lazy punditry which grates on me everytime I hear it.

Maybe I shouldn't take it so seriously, but if you're going to call us by a one word name then as least use City.

Rant over.

Pulls did that in the interview before the game calling us "city"!!

25 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Rant over.

Even David James called us Bristol, and he played for us,  the tool!

We're not "a sleeping giant." 

We are not a "giant."

It's not our fault that national football media pundits with only a very basic understanding of Bristol football continue to describe us as such. If this ill-informed nonsense gets under the skin of gas, we can live with it.

As for Moyes, this is also far-fetched, but again, national media pundits talk about it because there are tenuous links (he played for us and was popular, friend of SL) and other factors (he's out of work, will probably work in UK now rather than abroad)) and just like ordinary fans, in a vacuum, they can fill it with tosh.

There's only one team in Bristol that gets talked up in this way. You'd think the other lot would've got over this by now

41 minutes ago, KingLear said:

Rant over.

But based on that Pulis would be great for us, he referred to us as City in every interview! That theory has already been tested and found wanting.

He may never be considered for a managers job at an equivalent of Man U in UK or Europe simply because of his record at Man U.

He could wait until a vacancy arises in the more solid mid Prem table clubs.

But to come here,the seventh biggest city in England, in which he has already lived, the largest English city/town never to have had a Premier club and with the financial solidity that Steve Lansdown provides? 

And to take us up and keep us there, winning trophies. A tremendous opportunity for job satisfaction on a big scale.

So why would he not want to do that?

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

He may never be considered for a managers job at an equivalent of Man U in UK or Europe simply because of his record at Man U.

He could wait until a vacancy arises in the more solid mid Prem table clubs.

But to come here,the seventh biggest city in England, in which he has already lived, the largest English city/town never to have had a Premier club and with the financial solidity that Steve Lansdown provides? 

And to take us up and keep us there, winning trophies. A tremendous opportunity for job satisfaction on a big scale.

So why would he not want to do that?

Because it's too risky!

Why risk his reputation - like you said he could probably manage a solid mid table club in the premier league. What if he comes and City still get relegated, will he manage in league one? A manager as high profile as Moyes simply doesn't need to and won't take those sorts of risks.

40 minutes ago, WsM-Red said:

Because it's too risky!

Why risk his reputation - like you said he could probably manage a solid mid table club in the premier league. What if he comes and City still get relegated, will he manage in league one? A manager as high profile as Moyes simply doesn't need to and won't take those sorts of risks.

He should relish the challenge, he's got enough money that he doesn't need to worry.  Grow a pair Moyes and show them what you're made of, do something most managers haven't!   

He won't though, he'll bottle it like that Mansfield penalty.  We could have really done with that minibus too.

2 hours ago, Rouge Sans Pareil said:

The name Moyes is a derivative of Moses. Cannot think of a better person to lead us out of the Wilderness and into the Promised Land.

(true dat)

If that was supposed to funny, you have offended most of the religious posters on here.

I suggest you repent.

Uncle TFR

The guy is 52 and got at least another 10 years in him as a manager, his next appointment will have to be the right one for him which means he will never drop out of the Prem let alone come to a struggling Championship side - he might end up doing the merry-go-round abroad and at places like Southampton, Newcastle and West ham maybe even get a place at Tottenham.

To be fair - a number of people in the city end were calling the boys in red 'Bristol' last night, so I wouldn't get too up right about pundits calling us Bristol, even ex players - Pulis knows what City and Rovers means down here (there) hence calling us City.

I've stopped paying much, if any, attention to the odds given that Appleton is still up there despite being almost categorically ruled out.

Unfortunately we cannot attract players to the club right now, let alone a manager of Moyes' quality who could walk into most top half teams in Europe should they need a manager, could see him going to Southampton, Newcastle, back to Everton, Spurs, West Ham in England alone should the jobs become available.

There is nothing to say we are not sleeping giants, we finally won something last year, strolled the league, won the only knock-out competition we had a genuine chance with and got the 6th highest gate at the weekend with half a ground. Ok the newer members of the fan base have a bit to learn but we're not just getting kids and floating students anymore (on top of what we already get at AG) whole families, groups and clans want to see what's happening.

Moyes is too much of an ambitious choice, we need to sort out selling the club and getting someone ambitious, tactically capable and within our reach

4 hours ago, KingLear said:

Rant over.

Thousands of us used to chant 'Bristol' especially back in the old first Division games. At away games you could guarantee that was the first chant as we got of the football specials at Manchester, Liverpool etc.

So I don't see it as derogatory in the slightest. 

5 hours ago, KingLear said:

Rant over.

Just shows we're considered the only football team in Bristol ;)

Archived