IGNORED

View Of The South Stand / Crowds

Kid in the Riot

For the first time last night the South Stand looked absolutely jam packed. Even in numerous games that have sold out this season in the league it has been noticeable that there has been lots of empty seats - why is this? Suggests a lot of season ticket holders haven't been turning up, if they were available then surely the club would sell them?

In the past week we've had 3 home games in mid-January with freezing weather and had 45k through the gates - very impressive, great support.

But it got me thinking, fast forward a year and I wonder how much the crowds would've increased given WBA and Boro games sold out and Preston very close to.

WBA would of course have had 4,000 tickets in the top tier of the Williams and I'm sure Boro would've brought a lot more than 1,250.

I'd like to think the Boro and WBA games would've been 20k + and Preston around 18k given much more opportunity for groups to buy tickets next to each other and increased season ticket sales.

This is of course on the premise we'd still be a C'ship club :fingerscrossed:

18 minutes ago, harrys said:

Plenty of empty seats around me, a colleague of mine was sat in the Dolman for his first game of the season, he said it was awful and he was surrounded by "student types" shouting "come on Bristol" all in all a very poor atmosphere I thought

Your colleague went to his first game of the season? And he had the nerve to complain about "student types"?

The club should do some kind of buy back scheme for season ticket holders who can’t attend games.

I know that Liverpool for example will ‘buy back’ your seat for a particular match if you can't attend and then, if it’s sold you get the amount (less an admin fee), credited to your account to use towards next year’s season ticket.

The club wins as they get a full house in the stadium, rather than just on paper. The fan who own the ST wins as he/she gets illegitimate way of selling their season ticket seat for a single game, and the non-season ticket holder fan wins as he/she can buy a ticket for what otherwise would be a sold out game.

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

South Stand looking full last night.

image.jpg

Apart from that large disabled area which I haven't seen occupied all season.

With several other disabled areas becoming available in the West Stand next season perhaps the club should consider converting this one to regular seating.

30 minutes ago, harrys said:

Plenty of empty seats around me, a colleague of mine was sat in the Dolman for his first game of the season, he said it was awful and he was surrounded by "student types" shouting "come on Bristol" all in all a very poor atmosphere I thought

There was a guy near me (in the Dolman) shouting "come on Bristol".  I winced every time he said it!  However, on reflection, these are just the sort of people we need to be encouraging to come along, not discouraging, if we have any hope of making the stadium look anywhere near full next year.  A few games and they'll soon be shouting "come on City" like the rest of us.  At £10 a ticket, it also goes to show how potential new fans can be enticed to visit Ashton Gate if you price games sensibly.

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

With other disabled areas becoming available in the West Stand next season perhaps the club should consider making this one regular seating.

Interesting..  When I asked about disabled tickets I was sold they were sold out and are sold out all season.  Wonder why these aren't used?

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

With several other disabled areas becoming available in the West Stand next season perhaps the club should consider converting this one to regular seating.

Son is a disabled supporter and cant normally get a ticket for the south stand or the dolman,i should think that a fair few decided not to go last night as with other season ticket holders.

the atyeo was never great and is down to about 5/6 seats/places now, prety sure we need more spaces not less....

Funny how people see it I thought again there were 3/400 empty seats in SS last night minimum the connecting corner of Dolman and SS is always 60/70% full at best. I don't think we've had a proper sell out all season personally always 3/400 empty seats in the SS and Ateyo and some in lower dolman. 

There are 2 seats next to me always empty I call each week to see if I can get an extra seat next to me only to be told it's sold and there's never anyone there. 

Our capacity I think 16k and last night was 15,100. 

The interest is there, undoubtedly. This is a great opportunity to claim some of the latent neutral, floating support around here, while Rovers are fourth rate and in a crap ground. It might be a once in a generation opportunity.

It will help if us "old school" fans, the old guard, welcome anyone paying to watch us. Their money's as good as ours, and ffp makes no distinction between us. We need new fans. As many as possible.

We are better placed than Rovers to cash-in, literally, and we must not mess this opportunity up

2 hours ago, harrys said:

shouted "come on Bristol" - yeah terrible.

bang them for life!

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

For the first time last night the South Stand looked absolutely jam packed. Even in numerous games that have sold out this season in the league it has been noticeable that there has been lots of empty seats - why is this? Suggests a lot of season ticket holders haven't been turning up, if they were available then surely the club would sell them?

In the past week we've had 3 home games in mid-January with freezing weather and had 45k through the gates - very impressive, great support.

But it got me thinking, fast forward a year and I wonder how much the crowds would've increased given WBA and Boro games sold out and Preston very close to.

WBA would of course have had 4,000 tickets in the top tier of the Williams and I'm sure Boro would've brought a lot more than 1,250.

I'd like to think the Boro and WBA games would've been 20k + and Preston around 18k given much more opportunity for groups to buy tickets next to each other and increased season ticket sales.

This is of course on the premise we'd still be a C'ship club :fingerscrossed:

I don't really care that the gates might reach 20k, the ground will be absolutely dead and that doesn't help the players whatsoever. Give me a sold out 18k Ashton Gate of old than 20k+ in the new ground.

Archived