IGNORED

Steve Clarke

MartockRed

6 hours ago, WjF said:

I've never warmed to Clarke, which is just a personal, irrational dislike of a guy I've never met. Never appoint a bald man to a position of responsibility I say.

Look at Ferguson, Wenger, Pellegrini, Mourinho, Pochettino, Howe etc, etc. Head of hair = success. Unless your name happens to be Pep Guardiola obviously and he's just the exception that proves the rule.

On that basis forget Clarke, David James is a shoe-in for the job, qualifications be damned.

That is so hairist.  I'm in a bit of shock.  Whaddabout the Spanish coach and er tiny penis etc

1 hour ago, Redtone said:

My choice after Moyes (never going to happen, but I can dream) and Pearson, would be Monk. Brought through the Swansea model that we would like to repeat and benefitted from good mangers before him. 

Think Swansea are doing worse now since he has left. 

Anyway back to Clark, like Baggie says a lot of his good work was in place already at WBA. Reading I don't know too much about apart from the game against us then they went shite. 

He's not someone I would want, but I booted the cat when Cotts was employed and now the cats looking at me like I'm the ****. 

Don't think Monk's too experienced , he sort of inherited a good side and it started going chest up when he tried to make it his team .

In all seriousness I am not so sure about Clarke, he is much like SOD in that he seems to be a bit of a charisma vacuum and considering he would, like SOD, be coming in to inject some impetus into our season I just don't see him as the kind of character we need. Having said that I haven't suggested anyone because I wanted McInnes and SOD and was highly ambivalent about Cotts. so I clearly know bugger all. 

On 1/18/2016 at 01:03, Chalkie said:

Having watched City for over 50 years, Dire Straits I could relate to. :crying:

Where did this come from? Anyway... one has to cater for all ages Chalkie.

18 hours ago, MigratedRobin said:

I know it's been said before but why on Earth can't they make the Atyeo cam up to speed? 23 hour delay is starting to @@@@ me right off!

And this... oh the Stadium thread.. blimey the glitches on the new OTIB.. shocking... you are a very patient man MR.. i ran out of that with this cam some while back.

16 hours ago, MartockRed said:

Surprised no one has mentioned him, apologies if they have. 

Anyone notice his wry smile last night when asked 'this is a very attractive job for an out of work manager'? You can bet your house he's put his name in the pot. 

Wouldn't be my first choice, but he did a great job at WBA in his first season. Sacked from Reading when a point from playoffs. Reasons being more to do with flirting with Fulham weeks before rather than just loss of form. 

He fits the 'head coach' role, and is a realistic target. 

It wouldn't send my heart racing, but I'd much prefer him to Stuart bloody Pearce!! 

They have. Fortunately he got little print time.

Archived