IGNORED

Not on TV for another 6 weeks

JM91

Just a note to exiled fans, Sky announced their next batch of televised fixtures today and we weren't selected for any matches so won't be on TV until at least March 10th. 

Its basically just Leeds, Hull, QPR, Middlesbrough, Burnley and Brighton and whoever they happen to be playing against (more often than not it's matches between two of these 6 teams). 

I'm not massively pro-TV but a similar rule to the Premier League TV deal which guarantees clubs a minimum level of exposure is probably necessary, Leeds in particular seem to get an unjustified number of matches.  (For the Premier League every team has a minimum of 10 matches shown live each season)

25 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why do you think? One guess.  

Clue: it's to do with fans that don't live anywhere near Bristol and/or are skint.  

You are quite right!    The last match we saw was back in 2011, City v Reading (winning 2 - 0 and lost 2 - 3 three goals in 17 minutes)  If I remember it cost for my wife and myself around £400 flights, hotel, transport from Stansted, as no direct cheap flights from Tallinn to Bristol.  So TV matches are most welcome, we do plan to come over next season, even if we are relegated, to see the completed stadium and a win this time.  Until then it's just the RB commentary every Sat and Tues when they play.

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

You are quite right!    The last match we saw was back in 2011, City v Reading (winning 2 - 0 and lost 2 - 3 three goals in 17 minutes)  If I remember it cost for my wife and myself around £400 flights, hotel, transport from Stansted, as no direct cheap flights from Tallinn to Bristol.  So TV matches are most welcome, we do plan to come over next season, even if we are relegated, to see the completed stadium and a win this time.  Until then it's just the RB commentary every Sat and Tues when they play.

How do you get Radio Bristol commentary in Tallinn? Can't even get it in Oldham ! 

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

Why do you think? One guess.  

Clue: it's to do with fans that don't live anywhere near Bristol and/or are skint.  

i'm off to leeds which isn't near bristol to watch a game of football...not that difficult to travel to really
i wll give you the skint comment though

5 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

i'm off to leeds which isn't near bristol to watch a game of football...not that difficult to travel to really
i wll give you the skint comment though

Well done.

what about the people who live in America, Australia, Tallinn, France?  Even if you live in anywhere north of Birmingham it would be difficult to get to home games.  

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Well done.

what about the people who live in America, Australia, Tallinn, France?  Even if you live in anywhere north of Birmingham it would be difficult to get to home games.  

so we have to more more city games on tv to satisfy american & other fans then do we?

1 minute ago, pommers1965 said:

so we have to more more city games on tv to satisfy american & other fans then do we?

Don't know what you are on about.  You asked why people are fascinated about when we are on TV and I enlightened you by telling you some people are keen to know as it's the only time they get to watch us.  Don't know what is so difficult to understand here. 

Hi

We are on Sky so much because of one thing and one thing only - ratings. Although the actual stats end in 2014 there's no reason to think that much has changed. SKY Sports needs to get exposure for its sponsors. 

It's a pain in the arse for us too, and a little bit embarrassing seeing as we are mainly rubbish. The Boro game from a Saturday to a Monday so late was a real ball ache. A group of 90 are coming from Scandinavia for the match. Now they have a weekend in Leeds (thankfully there's always beer) and will be flying back on the day of the game. 

Anyway, who gives a damn about the fans?

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-lufc-news/leeds-united-whites-the-unwitting-pawns-in-tv-ratings-war-1-7564285

1091388140.jpg

16 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Some of us have to travel in from as far away as Clevedon and places like that, and we don't complain. Think you should attend more matches. + Think you should do a little less typing, and a lot more driving. Harsh but fair

Clevedon? That's nothing, I come from Chepstow and that's in another country. I have to deal with travelling from one country to another and because of the EU regs not even allowed cheap goods in duty free. Have you seen the prices in Aust services ;) 

We've done the third tier bit, and yes we were on too much, but SKY hadn't quite got their grip into the FL like they have now.

Possibly controversial, but on the whole Bristol City fans (and most the rest of the 72) shouldn't mind too much. I know one or two of your games have been moved, but on the whole you've not been too troubled. In return you receive the solidarity payment - the same as we do.

As for the £110,000 match fee for live TV that covers around 3,500 home ticket sales. On average we lose 5,000 per live TV game.

Archived