IGNORED

Is Freeman that bad?

red from the blue side

He's got 0 time for the fans. Witnessed it atleast two or three times. Blatantly ignored fans and played on his phone or just not responded.

The club play this charade that the fans help the team perform.

Reality is, they earn more money the more that turn up . Freeman doesn't care about verocius support and he's not the only one. We have a few bully big times and I know that first hand. Think they're better than they are. 

You can guess the others ...

I personally think Freeman has really missed wilbs hold up play this season. People say he slows football down but last season he had more time on the ball and we were attacking a lot more so was less tracking back . 

I think if Kodjia and Freeman  look up and start linking up together then both will become better players . 

The thing is he isn't learning from his poor play, he hasn't adapted the way he plays or is trying something different every now and then. It's just trying to run through people or shifting the ball left or right. The guy has zero vision, or at least very poor for someone at his level. Maybe he needs to stay on the left from now on, where he played originally, where getting past players is easier and less costly to the team. Because that role behind the strikers it needs to be arguably the best player on the pitch, and it ain't him. 

I think the Wolves game summed his season up so far. 

Really poor first half, worked his socks off, but nothing came off, even players mis-controlling a decent pass made to look like LF's fault. 

Second half worked his socks off and things started to go for him. Good balks through to Kodjia etc. 

Hes playing in the hole where his opponents are typically the better experienced players. 

He is young. Give him a chance. Done payers take s while to adapt to the division or adapt their game. 

2 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I personally think Freeman has really missed wilbs hold up play this season. People say he slows football down but last season he had more time on the ball and we were attacking a lot more so was less tracking back . 

I think if Kodjia and Freeman  look up and start linking up together then both will become better players . 

Wilbraham doesn't have the legs for more than cameos now, and rather than hope Freeman gets his head up, I see no reason not to play the likes of Gladwin, Reid and Burns who do this already instead (yes; realise Gladwin has only played part of one game, but already looks more decisive).

11 minutes ago, Red_Nine said:

I for one would like to know the stats to how many chances he creates, assists mean nothing when a team miss anything in front of goal.

He hasn't created much in open play this season. It's odd because there was 1 poster on here last season who really didn't rate him and we thought he was mad, can't remember who it was but looking back he wasn't wrong. 
Korey Smith has really stepped up though

14 minutes ago, samo II said:

Wilbraham doesn't have the legs for more than cameos now, and rather than hope Freeman gets his head up, I see no reason not to play the likes of Gladwin, Reid and Burns who do this already instead (yes; realise Gladwin has only played part of one game, but already looks more decisive).

Yes I agree wilbs no longer has the legs to start but if we got a striker in  to hold onto the ball , I think freeman would come back into the form he had last season. I do agree though Freeman with the current players isn't playing well .

Reid is no saviour but I would prefer to see him in behind Kodjia then Freeman . I 've not seen enough of gladwin to know if he is the answer.  

1 minute ago, miketh2nd said:

Yes I agree wilbs no longer has the legs to start but if we got a striker in  to hold onto the ball , I think freeman would come back into the form he had last season. I do agree though Freeman with the current players isn't playing well .

Reid is no saviour but I would prefer to see him in behind Kodjia then Freeman . I 've not seen enough of gladwin to know if he is the answer.  

I'd say we essentially need an 'upgrade' on Freeman; hard to find, sure, but I'd agree in the short term I'd rather Reid in there.

We do need another robust striker, who is able to both hold up the ball AND keep up with play, but again; in the situation we find ourselves, Freeman is not contributing enough to guarantee a start.

2 minutes ago, wallaceboy said:

We were indeed.how deli has moved forward is unbelievable. yet old lukey boy has stood still.quite literally

Dele Alli was a better player last season than Freeman. Just look how many goals he scored for MK Dons, without him they were no where near as good. Whereas without Freeman I feel we'd have coped

39 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

He hasn't created much in open play this season. It's odd because there was 1 poster on here last season who really didn't rate him and we thought he was mad, can't remember who it was but looking back he wasn't wrong. 
Korey Smith has really stepped up though

That would be me, I said the same things about his ability in open play last year, they just weren't as obvious player lesser teams

9 hours ago, KingLear said:

I personally think he's very much a confidence player, when he was playing in a team that was dominating and winning week in week out he had a chance to play with freedom without any real fear of the consequence should he give the ball away for example.

But now, we're at the wrong end of the league, we've been sucker punched more times than I care to remember and giving the ball away here means so much more.

I think he's playing in the mindset of 'I don't want to mess up' rather than the free flowing creative footballer we saw last season.

It's a shame but you don't become a bad player overnight.

One argument against this, to be devil's advocate for a moment, is that Freeman shone in a struggling, and ultimately relegated, Stevenage side two years ago, so he can stand out in a side where others are struggling.

You don't become a bad player overnight, but over a summer and then stepping a level - some players do find that they are not up to that standard. I don't know if Luke will be one of these, time will tell, but no shame if he is.

I personally think most of the squad are up to it and whilst it is getting extremely boring now if they had had class signings brought in alongside  them in the summer when confidence was high they all could have flourished. As it is confidence has drained and despite this showing reasonable touches. I just wish someone would train the whole team to take shots when approaching the penalty area. Our dearth of goals from midfield is embarrassing!

2 hours ago, extonsred said:

I personally think most of the squad are up to it and whilst it is getting extremely boring now if they had had class signings brought in alongside  them in the summer when confidence was high they all could have flourished. As it is confidence has drained and despite this showing reasonable touches. I just wish someone would train the whole team to take shots when approaching the penalty area. Our dearth of goals from midfield is embarrassing!

Attacking midfield overplay. It's simple. When pack was released from his protecting role v borough he came upfield and instead of trying to beat players, get held up and slow play down he passed to burns, a very good Ayling or kodjia and let them do their thing. Freeman doesn't do this, he tries to beat a player almost EVERY time and often loses the ball, we didn't miss him at all v borough 

13 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Interesting to note yesterday that he also completely ignores/doesn't see runs made by Burns. Would have been a bit unfair if it was just Kodjia he didn't pass to.

I couldn't believe he didn't play Wes in when he had a huge gap between the two centre backs. That was the most frustrating moment for me on sat. 

Archived