IGNORED

Deli Alli Goal

Abraham Romanovich

There were a lot of similarities in the two goals. 

Both wonderful world class finishes. 

I have to say that I was never that impressed when Alli played against us, but his rise this season has been phenomenal. Fair play to the lad. 

1 hour ago, fanjita said:

Finish for me was not that special, just down to opinions I guess

What makes it special, I reckon, is that you won't see many goals like that in one season (lifts ball over defenders head, spins 180° and volleys into the corner, from outside the box). He certainly "knows where the goal is." Frank Worthington, anyone?

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Make no mistake about it, Korey Smith absolutely dominated Alli for 90 minutes last season. His progression has been absolutely sensational. Fair play to the lad. A bright talent. 

But that's stopping someone. Beating someone, creating, is the harder thing to do

Although not great against us, Ali was overall a huge part of MK last year. Why do you think he went to Spurs?

If we finish below MK this year, apart from giving me a degree of grief, we as a club should boil our head in boiling oil. They are a worse team than last year where they had Afobi and Ali remember, and have a much smaller budget than us. Not arrogance to say it will just highlight how much we got wrong. God forbid Maynard scores the winner against us!

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

But we have fickle fans now saying Freeman was never any good. Class is permanent, form is temporary.

Funny how his form was consistently excellent in League One and consistently average in the Championship.

I did think he was more than good enough to make the step up, but the evidence increasingly suggests we were wrong - it's more about class than form.

Archived