IGNORED

The Tea Lady

screech

Nobody has mentioned whether they put this seasons set of bad results down to the simple fact that the tea lady has not made the step up to supply championship winning tea and sandwiches.

Many succesful managers down the years have thanked a team effort for their success, right down to the tea lady. So I'm thinking, perhaps all is not well in the dressing room at half time.

It does make sense that after a hard fought first half, the players will be thinking get in at 0 - 0, grab a fag and a nice hot brew to recharge the batteries and come out flying for the second half but If the tea is too hot, too cold or the milk was put in after the bag and boiling water, it could affect morale in the camp.  We've only got 7 days left to use the transfer window to get ourselves a competent tea maker, come on SL, splash the cash NOW!!!!

The problem is that we can't find the right tea lady to fit our system.

We tried to sign Brentford's tea lady but she decided to go to Burnley instead for tea related reasons. Crystal Palace's tea lady, though clearly surplus to requirements there, simply wasn't interested in Championship tea.  Bolton's tea lady couldn't face leaving Bolton, having only recently made tea for the first team having come up through their youth tea.

Lower league tea ladies are not considered good enough.

6 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Are you suggesting putting milk first in tea? That is our main problem this year and the reason for conceding so many late goals. Imo of course

This is sacrilege. You must NEVER put milk in before the hot water.

Hot water first, allow to stew for about 2 minutes. Apply a dash of milk. Tea should be the colour of mud and the spoon should stand up in it.

You're bloody welcome...

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Hot water first, allow to stew for about 2 minutes. Apply a dash of milk. Tea should be the colour of mud and the spoon should stand up in it.

You're bloody welcome...

Will put hairs on your chest.......

15 minutes ago, screech said:

Nobody has mentioned whether they put this seasons set of bad results down to the simple fact that the tea lady has not made the step up to supply championship winning tea and sandwiches.

Many succesful managers down the years have thanked a team effort for their success, right down to the tea lady. So I'm thinking, perhaps all is not well in the dressing room at half time.

It does make sense that after a hard fought first half, the players will be thinking get in at 0 - 0, grab a fag and a nice hot brew to recharge the batteries and come out flying for the second half but If the tea is too hot, too cold or the milk was put in after the bag and boiling water, it could affect morale in the camp.  We've only got 7 days left to use the transfer window to get ourselves a competent tea maker, come on SL, splash the cash NOW!!!!

even worse, could be cheap teabags or PG Tips… that's enough to put anyone off their game…rooibos/decaff that is a sacking offence:bruce_h4h:

2 minutes ago, John Galley said:

Sorry but the tea lady is a guy, I know him and he has worked under twenty different managers at the gate. Also made to on the Generation Game and the made a thing about the awfull tea he made for Holloway and the Gas when they visited.

perhaps it's scrumpy's fault then?

26 minutes ago, screech said:

We've been playing 352 and she's put the cups on the tray in 442 formation, sending mixed messages.

This illustrates why were struggling in the Championship. "Tea Lady" is so lower league. We should employ a barista to provide a selection of different freshly ground coffees. It's no wonder we can't get anyone to sign for us if we've only got stewed tea!

15 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yes. There will be many bargain tea ladies to be had in Ligue 2 who could hopefully step up. The only question is, could they do it on a wet February night against Huddersfield?

I'd be a bit concerned about their tea-making abilities, aren't they more partial to coffee on the continent? Does that call for a barista instead?

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This illustrates why were struggling in the Championship. "Tea Lady" is so lower league. We should employ a barista to provide a selection of different freshly ground coffees. It's no wonder we can't get anyone to sign for us if we've only got stewed tea!

I don't know, a proper tea urn can certainly do the job, often preferable to a weak tea variety not left to brew

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

You're bloody welcome...

This suggests you are making tea in a cup with a teabag. That of course is amateurish, and the milk first or last argument only applies in professional tea making where it is brewed in a pot with loose leaves.

39 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

I seem to remember last year we signed a tea lady on an emergency loan from Fulham after our normal one scalded herself one matchday. Perhaps we should consider making a bit for her, I've heard the new Fulham manager isn't keen on her tea-making skills.

Don`t forget that a lot of our loanee tea lady`s best brews were created when the assistant tea lady, often regarded as fat, lazy and contributing nothing, was there to help.

Whilst the quality of the tea no doubt has an effect I think there has not been enough consideration given to the tea lady's ongoing limited ability to vary the biscuit selection. The season long 3 digestives, 5 rich tea and 2 bourbon formation has become predictable. I understand there is talk of the need to bring in a continental selection. 

11 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Whilst the quality of the tea no doubt has an effect I think there has not been enough consideration given to the tea lady's ongoing limited ability to vary the biscuit selection. The season long 3 digestives, 5 rich tea and 2 bourbon formation has become predictable. I understand there is talk of the need to bring in a continental selection. 

We don't need some fancy dan from Reigate to tell us what sort of biscuits to serve. Continental selections may be O.K. in Surry, but not in Bristol 

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

We don't need some fancy dan from Reigate to tell us what sort of biscuits to serve. Continental selections may be O.K. in Surry, but not in Bristol 

Don't fret. The board will only sanction the cheaper continental biscuits from the lower shelves none of the fancy stuff on the higher shelves ;)

The tea lady had identified a lot of new equipment in the summer that would improve the brew to everyone's taste.

But at the last minute the board decided that she couldn't have what she wanted after all. She desperately looked for alternative equipment but it was all too expensive.

So under the circumstances she reluctantly carried on with what she had.

Unfortunately she found that it doesn't taste quite so good these days.

Archived