IGNORED

it is 2016

handsofclay

...so let's get real.

I keep reading on here that players will not sign for a club without a permanent manager in situ. Come on. It is 2016, not 1966. What players are most concerned by is the length of their contract offered to them and how many thousands of notes they are guaranteed to collect each week for the duration of that contract. It matters very little who the manager is. Crikey, if it did hardly any players would join clubs because the majority of clubs have a turnaround of managers that lasts a lot less than the average player's contract! It is a very good bet than when a player joins a club, the manager who signs him will not be in that position 1 year from then. Indeed, it is a pretty good wager he won't be in that office 6 months from then.

I never hear of clubs with a rapid managerial turnaround having much trouble recruiting players. If the money is offered over a decent length of time, 90% of them sign regardless of whether there is a manager or not. Jeez, 89% of us would sign for a club managed by a performing seal for that money and footballers are essentially mercenaries. So let us get real here.

8 minutes ago, handsofclay1909 said:

...so let's get real.

I keep reading on here that players will not sign for a club without a permanent manager in situ. Come on. It is 2016, not 1966. What players are most concerned by is the length of their contract offered to them and how many thousands of notes they are guaranteed to collect each week for the duration of that contract. It matters very little who the manager is. Crikey, if it did hardly any players would join clubs because the majority of clubs have a turnaround of managers that lasts a lot less than the average player's contract! It is a very good bet than when a player joins a club, the manager who signs him will not be in that position 1 year from then. Indeed, it is a pretty good wager he won't be in that office 6 months from then.

I never hear of clubs with a rapid managerial turnaround having much trouble recruiting players. If the money is offered over a decent length of time, 90% of them sign regardless of whether there is a manager or not. Jeez, 89% of us would sign for a club managed by a performing seal for that money and footballers are essentially mercenaries. So let us get real here.

There certainly is a fair bit of truth in that, but you need to consider the various clauses like appearance, win, promo / relegation etc.

Having faith of the man in charge nay influence that. 

If players have been told that Pembo is here til summer that will either help or hinder, depending on whether 1) they like him 2) they think he can help them.

If they've been told new manager on the way, or they're waiting to see how Pembo does, that may create uncertainty.

Obviously the pure mercenaries won't worry about any of the above!

Archived