IGNORED

Tim Sherwood

RedorDead BCFC

28 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

:facepalm: But its the same crap all the time. I wouldn't mind if there was some originality. The "I saw Tim Sherwood at the m32 services" is not banter or funny its just shit.

Actually I rather rated the Chuck Norris jest on here.

Certainly funnier than some of the joke conspiracy theories being aired on other threads. 

5 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I'm surprised Karl Robinson at MK hasn't been mentioned. Not my choice but has done wonders with a small budget and must have great contacts with the loans he gets in and to be fair to the man he does develop them.

He didn't half bang on about our vastly superior budget last season! 

1 hour ago, Collis1 said:

Here here. Mods should just starting shit like this. Not informative and more importantly not funny! 

It's 'hear hear' actually - no disrespect mate, just thought I'd add another pointless post on another pointless thread!

It's boring in this post-old manager, pre-new manager phase - just loads of (mostly pointless) rumour, conjecture, attempts to be witty, attempts to prove one is ITK, realistic suggestions, unrealistic suggestions, petty bickering and loads of people trying not to go potty in their desperate search for snippets of info about who on earth could be the new manager.

But I agree with you, posts about seeing someone at a hotel in Clifton, Service Station near Bristol, Petrol Station in Bristol, wandering around Broadmead, having a pint in a pub near Bristol etc etc....they're just pointless and boring, especially as 100% of them are absolute rubbish and just attention-seeking attempts....trouble is, because of all these wind ups, when someone actually does see someone significant around here they will be dismissed as a wind up merchant!

It would be easier to close this forum down until the new guy (or gal) is appointed....

2 minutes ago, ciderup said:

IF Ashton carries on with his previous appointment style of younger Managers, who would we be talking about?

Appleton - We've been told NO.

Sherwood

Monk

The dog wnaker - SHUDDER!!

Who else would fit that DNA / profile? Edinburgh?

Karl Robinson, Paul Hartley ??

22 minutes ago, ciderup said:

IF Ashton carries on with his previous appointment style of younger Managers, who would we be talking about?

Appleton - We've been told NO.

Sherwood

Monk

The dog wnaker - SHUDDER!!

Who else would fit that DNA / profile? Edinburgh?

Edinburgh would be my choice off of that list.

8 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Not Gary Monk then? He didn't do much wrong at the Swans did he? Local-ish and available. Would he want to come here?

I just think that Justin Edinburgh is a very good manager, what he did at Newport, and he's doing at Gillingham have gone under the radar somewhat. I still think we need an experienced manager in the short term though, someone who's going to have an immediate impact.

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I'm surprised Karl Robinson at MK hasn't been mentioned. Not my choice but has done wonders with a small budget and must have great contacts with the loans he gets in and to be fair to the man he does develop them.

I reckon he would turn us down as well, mate

The longer this process, the more it dawns on me that Pemberton will be appointed to the end of the season. 

Surely if it was any of the 'big' names we hope for, it would be done and dusted. They wouldn't mess around, neither would we. Get them in, get going. Nor would they accept the delay as we interview for day after day.

Of the big names, this is the list I imagine on Ashton's desk:

Nigel Pearson - wants his backroom team and more control (will he accept Ashton above him?)

David Moyes - Not a big enough club

Neil Warnock - Doesn't fancy another relegation fight, especially for a club he doesn't really have any affinity for. 

Gary Monk - Too soon and not the right 'project'

Tim Sherwood - Sulkily withdrew interest when we told him we still had a week of interviews to do. "Either you want me, or you don't. Decide now" was the quote, I believe.

Which leaves us with the second level choices, Pearce, Clarke, Cooper etc. 

If it was anyone in a job, who we'd actually be glad to poach, their clubs would be leaking stories to the press to interfere, maybe?

All roads lead to Pemberton. 

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

The longer this process, the more it dawns on me that Pemberton will be appointed to the end of the season. 

Surely if it was any of the 'big' names we hope for, it would be done and dusted. They wouldn't mess around, neither would we. Get them in, get going. Nor would they accept the delay as we interview for day after day.

Nigel Pearson - wants his backroom team and more control (will he accept Ashton above him?)

Neil Warnock - Doesn't fancy another relegation fight, especially for a club he doesn't really have any affinity for. 

Tim Sherwood - Sulkily withdrew interest when we told him we still had a week of interviews to do. "Either you want me, or you don't. Decide now" was the quote, I believe.

If it was anyone in a job, who we'd actually be glad to poach, their clubs would be leaking stories to the press to interfere, maybe?

Blimey, that's depressing! :(

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Good summary.  The only thing I might see slightly different is Pearson's back room staff.  I think they might be keen to stay at table topping Leicester!

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good summary.  The only thing I might see slightly different is Pearson's back room staff.  I think they might be keen to stay at table topping Leicester!

Surely, as mentioned above, if Pearson was coming, it would have happened already? 

13 minutes ago, ciderup said:

He wasn't out of work then though Bill.

If only it was just a matter that they don't currently have a job.

If only it was a matter that:

a) they are a player not getting paid and with a club most likely to end in tears

b) playing for a shite Div 1 club who we beat 8 times last season

c) playing for a club currently falling through the Div1 trap door

Archived