IGNORED

Paul Hartley

RT's Vaseline Tub

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Both players can pass, their games were never about pace!

I'm not just talking about running pace but speed of thought & ability to dictate the pace of a game, on that level Marlon Pack isn't even close to Hartley!

29 minutes ago, Taz said:

Hartley would never come back down here. When he played for us, he spent most of his free time going backwards and forwards to Scotland. Pretty sure that was one of the reasons he left to go back there.

Agreed. He wanted to get back to his roots. Shame , though, he scored a brilliant goal from a free kick, I was visiting Bristol but could not remember who against but it was a direct free kick between the penalty area and the half way line. He had / has the braveheart mentality.

59 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Agreed. He wanted to get back to his roots. Shame , though, he scored a brilliant goal from a free kick, I was visiting Bristol but could not remember who against but it was a direct free kick between the penalty area and the half way line. He had / has the braveheart mentality.

Vs West Brom, we were 4-0 down at the time

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Hartley would never come back down here. When he played for us, he spent most of his free time going backwards and forwards to Scotland. Pretty sure that was one of the reasons he left to go back there.

It was his missus who couldn't settle outside Scotland,  but yeah, he ain't coming back.

For the short time he was here I still maintain that PH was one of the most influential players ever to wear a city shirt. He absolutely commanded our midfield with his brain & natural skill, and his work rate was second to none at the time. The younger players clearly looked up to him and followed his momentum in the games he played  

A lot of what I've written went unnoticed, mainly because he wasn't a goal scorer, so sadly people focus on him leaving back for jockland.

14 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

For the short time he was here I still maintain that PH was one of the most influential players ever to wear a city shirt. He absolutely commanded our midfield with his brain & natural skill, and his work rate was second to none at the time. The younger players clearly looked up to him and followed his momentum in the games he played  

A lot of what I've written went unnoticed, mainly because he wasn't a goal scorer, so sadly people focus on him leaving back for jockland.

I don't think what he did for us and how he influenced the team go unnoticed at all. He is still often talked about on here and there are nothing but positives.

But you do have to be realistic, the pull to Scotland was so strong he went back home after almost every game. I guess that was part of the agreement we had to accept when he signed, he can't have spent anymore time than he had to with the other players, physios etc. Yet he was a respected club captain, that was the measure of the man.

i very much doubt he would consider moving South again, for anyone never mind us. But I guess you never say never. He left us what, 6 years ago. Maybe if he was going home for his kids (?) they might be teenagers by now or even off to Uni etc. I don't know his family situation, he could have teenagers or toddlers which will sway any move.

Archived