IGNORED

David Moyes-is he shot

MC RISK77

Firstly mods I know there are loads of threads about moyes at the moment amongst others so please feel free to merge, I just haven't been on here for the last week so can't check through all threads...

my question to fellow reds and I would say that foremost I do not think in any way that city could attract moyes, but hypothetically should he be a realistic option would he be the best option for us?  He did a great job at Everton no doubt keeping them competitive with a mid table budget, but since then he was chosen by man Utd and sacked within 8 months, spent Time out of the game before joining sociedad and was totally underwhelming their, he is no longer young and has two failed appointments recently is he really still a strong manager or did he peak at Everton and is now massively on the slide.

moyes for me is all wrong for us, warlock till end of season is ideal for me. Makes his teams nasty and difficult to beat with a great intensity, I would love this right now.

as I said purely speculative bit a point I wanted to make

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Firstly mods I know there are loads of threads about moyes at the moment amongst others so please feel free to merge, I just haven't been on here for the last week so can't check through all threads...

my question to fellow reds and I would say that foremost I do not think in any way that city could attract moyes, but hypothetically should he be a realistic option would he be the best option for us?  He did a great job at Everton no doubt keeping them competitive with a mid table budget, but since then he was chosen by man Utd and sacked within 8 months, spent Time out of the game before joining sociedad and was totally underwhelming their, he is no longer young and has two failed appointments recently is he really still a strong manager or did he peak at Everton and is now massively on the slide.

moyes for me is all wrong for us, warlock till end of season is ideal for me. Makes his teams nasty and difficult to beat with a great intensity, I would love this right now.

would agree as we are now like a condemned man awaiting the gallows, we are running out of time and have to consolidate to end up just outside the drop zone ( no pun intended) no fan of Colin but wasnt of SC when he came and we need action now, have said on here would like Moyes but it is a risk for all of the 'names' coming here, whereas Colin would hit the ground running and I believe would keep us up........................then we can look

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Win-win ,coz IF he failed, we could hate him even more !

The answer is Moyes needs to choose his next job carefully as it will either save his reputation or destroy it for good.  My guess is that he'll think he should be aiming higher than a relegated-threatened Championship club and my guess is he's right and he'll be back in the top flight in the next twelve months.  It's not impossible that he'll let sentiment lead him back to Bristol but I think we're in a bit of a Catch 22 in that if he lets sentimentalism cloud his judgement it probably means he's not the manager he was.  Which basically means he'd be a great appointment if he didn't want to come but probably the wrong appointment if he did want to come.  So, much as I'd love him to be here, we should probably look elsewhere.

The only problem we have is that when Colin comes in, he will shake things up, make the team fight but how hard will it be to get the correct candidate to take us from league and maintain championship status, build etc.

I fear unless the likes of Pearson is brought in now this club will just go from bad to worse. 

Its not not a given he would keep us up, nor would Pearson I guess but at least I see a positive future ahead with the likes of Pearson.

42 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The answer is Moyes needs to choose his next job carefully as it will either save his reputation or destroy it for good.  My guess is that he'll think he should be aiming higher than a relegated-threatened Championship club and my guess is he's right and he'll be back in the top flight in the next twelve months.  It's not impossible that he'll let sentiment lead him back to Bristol but I think we're in a bit of a Catch 22 in that if he lets sentimentalism cloud his judgement it probably means he's not the manager he was.  Which basically means he'd be a great appointment if he didn't want to come but probably the wrong appointment if he did want to come.  So, much as I'd love him to be here, we should probably look elsewhere.

Bit existential for me at this time of night. But I think I know what you mean, LonBris. 

Offer him the right package and who knows. We attempted with SOD to become a club looking to the long term and not panicking, sticking to a plan and trying to progress the club. Things did not go well and he was sacked. If we could get Moyes on a promise of a building job, to get our academy to Level 1, to bring home grown talent from the South West to us, to play a mix of local youth and seasoned vets, to be given money, to implement a BCFC style of football from the first team down to the kids, to become a regional powerhouse that people want to play for and mainly give him time  no panicking, no sacking because short term things are not going well, but a real long game progressive curve offer and maybe he will like it and go for it - promise him a future after management as well in helping the club get where it wants. It might be the project he would relish, enjoy, and what a opportunity if it pays off.

BTW I know it's pie in the sky because as soon as things go bad our fans will call for him to be sacked - but in a world where people looked long term.... 

6 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think you could well be right about him thinking he should be in the top league but don't think it would just be sentiment attracting him - he couldn't really lose coming here. If we go down, he can pass it off as it was too late and he needed to rebuild, if we stay up, he looks like the hero 

9 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Basically we don't want any manager that is daft enough to want to manage us.... :(

Archived