IGNORED

"Epidemic" of serious crime around Ashton Gate

Eddie Hitler

In general we can all breath a huge sigh of relief.  Avon and Somerset Police Force has been so unprecedentedly successful in solving and preventing all violent crimes, robberies, muggings and sex offences across the region (for which they must be in line for some kind of major award, I'm surprised that I've not read about this yet) that they can now turn their resources to dealing with other major criminal activity in Bristol.

Make sure you are sitting down before you read this because it may shock you.

Around Ashton Gate the following litany of evil has been happening:

Apparently for the last home game - an FA Cup match against West Brom - six disabled drivers were seen parking within 10 metres of a junction.

Jaw-dropping I know, but if you can steel yourself to do so please read on:

Because it's not just those always-causing-trouble disabled drivers that have been causing such mayhem.  Able-bodied drivers are equally guiilty of such horrors with some, and this may shake you to your very core:

ignoring general parking rules, or staying longer than they are supposed to

Well fortunately that this sort of thing happens is now in the open, and recognising it is the first step in solving it.

Step two, preventing it, is already planned for Saturday:

"City fans are being warned to be mindful about street parking around Ashton Gate, with Avon & Somerset Police set to step up deterrents for the remaining home games in 2015/16.

"Following complaints from local residents, Police say more PCSO (Police Community Support Officers) will be on patrol for home match days, starting this Saturday (January 30th) when Birmingham City come to BS3."

Phew.  We can all sleep easy in our beds knowing that despite the recent swingeing budget cuts that they have suffered Avon & Somerset Police Force will leave no stone unturned and no paving slab unpatrolled in making the streets of Bristol safe for decent citizens; threatened as they are at all times by those vicious blue badge holders deliberately parking within 10 metres of junctions as part of their general campaign of harrassment and intimidation of the good people of Bristol.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Police-crackdown-fans-parking/story-28613949-detail/story.html

Not just Bristol, total anarchy all over the country.

According to the news last night police were stepping up patrols stopping people from taking selfies with the dead Whales in Lincolnshire and removing any “trophies” from the rotting corpses. This report was followed up by a gentleman from the environment agency reporting that if it “rained harder and longer” last night there was a risk of the banks bursting and flooding in Cumbria !!!

I for one slept soundly knowing these people keep us all safe.

39 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

In general we can all breath a huge sigh of relief.  Avon and Somerset Police Force has been so unprecedentedly successful in solving and preventing all violent crimes, robberies, muggings and sex offences across the region (for which they must be in line for some kind of major award, I'm surprised that I've not read about this yet) that they can now turn their resources to dealing with other major criminal activity in Bristol.

Because it's not just those always-causing-trouble disabled drivers that have been causing such mayhem.  Able-bodied drivers are equally guiilty of such horrors with some, and this may shake you to your very core:

Well fortunately that this sort of thing happens is now in the open, and recognising it is the first step in solving it.

Phew.  We can all sleep easy in our beds knowing that despite the recent swingeing budget cuts that they have suffered Avon & Somerset Police Force will leave no stone unturned and no paving slab unpatrolled in making the streets of Bristol safe for decent citizens; threatened as they are at all times by those vicious blue badge holders deliberately parking within 10 metres of junctions as part of their general campaign of harrassment and intimidation of the good people of Bristol.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Police-crackdown-fans-parking/story-28613949-detail/story.html

Oh yes.

Operation Pointless Overtime still in full swing in BS3...

I fully expect that the current three hour time limit will be reduced to two hours using the reasoning that the game and half time last for 1hour and 45 minutes - so two hours should be ample!  In this way, more parking spaces will become available sooner and this will boost trade in Bristol.

It is a scandal that this pressure is being used against parking fans, who have already had to suffer so many restrictions.  The lack of reasonable public transport will curtail crowd numbers and hurt City - and this will please the stupid council and mayor!

Hopefully you will all vote for candidates who are sympathetic to business and our football club at the upcoming elections!

13 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

I fully expect that the current three hour time limit will be reduced to two hours using the reasoning that the game and half time last for 1hour and 45 minutes - so two hours should be ample!  In this way, more parking spaces will become available sooner and this will boost trade in Bristol.

It is a scandal that this pressure is being used against parking fans, who have already had to suffer so many restrictions.  The lack of reasonable public transport will curtail crowd numbers and hurt City - and this will please the stupid council and mayor!

Hopefully you will all vote for candidates who are sympathetic to business and our football club at the upcoming elections!

The club need to be doing deals with the bus / train companies. The Portway park and ride would be perfect, if City could arrange a slight deviation to the route on matchdays. If it went up over the flyover and did a loop round Ashton Road, instead of stopping in Hotwells, I'm sure a fair few would use it.

Bound to be other bus routes that could be slightly altered once a fortnight to cope with the demand of football fans.

Probably too simple though.

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

The club need to be doing deals with the bus / train companies. The Portway park and ride would be perfect, if City could arrange a slight deviation to the route on matchdays. If it went up over the flyover and did a loop round Ashton Road, instead of stopping in Hotwells, I'm sure a fair few would use it.

Bound to be other bus routes that could be slightly altered once a fortnight to cope with the demand of football fans.

Unfortunately, your suggestions are far too intelligent to attract the attention of the idiot mayor and council!

10 hours ago, glynriley said:

I certainly would use the portway p+r if it diverted round by the gate.

8 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

Gotta love the mayor, anybody complains about RPZs or cycle lanes he totally ignores it.

Somebody complains about a parked car near the City ground on match day and it's limitless O/T for the boys in blue. ( not the sags)

Is he offering up his parking space at the Tobacco Factory to help ease the problem?

You see it all too often with local politics. Far too interested in the whining middle classes, parking and local boutique food shops and the like to deal with difficult issues. 

The easier - and normally more visible - middle-class view/vote is the one to go for. Cherry pick noise, litter and conjestion and Bob's yer uncle.

And if someone gets on a bicycle for a photo opportunity, all the better. 

22 hours ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Not just Bristol, total anarchy all over the country.

According to the news last night police were stepping up patrols stopping people from taking selfies with the dead Whales in Lincolnshire and removing any “trophies” from the rotting corpses. This report was followed up by a gentleman from the environment agency reporting that if it “rained harder and longer” last night there was a risk of the banks bursting and flooding in Cumbria !!!

I for one slept soundly knowing these people keep us all safe.

What sort of trophies can a Whale win ? 

10 minutes ago, Turbored said:

@Andy1970 Does it drop/pick up just over by the railway bridege then? Could be a goer when the bridge is back open.

Stops in Hotwells mate. It's sound when the bridge is open. Few ciders in Nova then across bridge and park. Bit of a walk now though. Oh, and no good for evening games as they stop running around 8ish.

On 27 January 2016 at 09:07, Eddie Hitler said:

It's at times like this that I truly believe that we should reinstate capital punishment. Oh the humanity!

Archived