IGNORED

Would City Offer Freeman Plus Cash For Dack?

Curr Avon

What's everyone's obsession with giving away players as part of getting ones in? When the loan players go back to their respective clubs we'll be able to take the remaining squad to away games in a Zafira.

24 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

City appear intent to land the 14 goal, Gillingham midfielder. But if their latest reported bid of £1.5million is rebuffed by the Medway men, would City consider offering Freeman, plus cash as tasty bait?

Why would we do that we don't have enough players in our squad as it is, player swap deals are insane.

Freeman isn't playing particularly well at the moment - but that is (IMO) is because his confidence is shot. He showed last season that he is a quality player.

If you were going to offer anyone as a makeweight in a player + cash deal, it would surely have to be Pack. He is nowhere near Championship level and wouldn't even warm the bench at the vast majority of clubs in this division.

The fact he can get a regular start really highlights how short on quality the squad currently is.

A truly astonishingly ridiculous idea.

I know Freeman is currently sat in the 'scapegoat of the month' chair but come on? Seriously? Freeman & cash? Seriously? 

Dack is a decent player I'm sure, but if he's as good as everyone makes out, why are BCFC the only club to make an offer for him?? 

Freeman was out Most influential player last year, struggling (nowhere near as badly as some make out) in a team that is struggling near the bottom of the table and has now been written off to the point of being used in a makeweight deal :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

Freeman isn't playing particularly well at the moment - but that is (IMO) is because his confidence is shot. He showed last season that he is a quality player.

If you were going to offer anyone as a makeweight in a player + cash deal, it would surely have to be Pack. He is nowhere near Championship level and wouldn't even warm the bench at the vast majority of clubs in this division.

The fact he can get a regular start really highlights how short on quality the squad currently is.

In fairness to pack, he's been alright

This is a serious case of playing too many football management games growing up, player part exchanges used to be the rage a while ago.

But in reality how common are they? Probably a few a season across all the English leagues at most... It just doesn't happen!

8 hours ago, Burt_ said:

Nice to hear from you finally Keith !!!!

Bit unfair on Freeman and Pack as you recruited them !

Anyway - any chance of getting back on the phone to see if you can enhance our 8 month search for a striker

9 hours ago, super slick said:

A truly astonishingly ridiculous idea.

I know Freeman is currently sat in the 'scapegoat of the month' chair but come on? Seriously? Freeman & cash? Seriously? 

Dack is a decent player I'm sure, but if he's as good as everyone makes out, why are BCFC the only club to make an offer for him?? 

Freeman was out Most influential player last year, struggling (nowhere near as badly as some make out) in a team that is struggling near the bottom of the table and has now been written off to the point of being used in a makeweight deal :facepalm:

Spot on. I find some of the criticism he gets on here and Twitter remarkable. No he's not as influential as he was last year, other than Korey who is? But he still creates the majority of our chances and works hard and gets stuck in. Last season he'd pick the ball up and have lots of people showing for the ball, this season not so much which means he'll often get disposed waiting for a run. He and the team will benefit from the likes of Gladwin and Tomlin and confidence will return

2 hours ago, Andrewboom said:

Lurking Gills fan.  Everyone in league 1 wanted Freeman when you signed him.  He will be on at least double what our highest paid player earns.   

Bet you're enjoying "lurking" up the top of the league, I remember that. It's so nice

With the players we have signed in Gladwin and Tomlin I do wonder if for Freeman's and our sake a month long loan with recall clause at somewhere like Cov could be a good idea. He needs an injection of confidence and I think playing in a winning side may give him that.

Archived