IGNORED

End of transfer window prospective team line-up looks more positive

ciderbeans

I'm going to list a lineup of players we have currently and who are looking to finalise by end of the window and based on the possibilities, it looks quite positive.

...........................................................ROD...........................................................

little...............................Flint................................baker........................golbourne

.......................Dack..........................smith...........................Tomlin..................

Kodjia.............................................smith.................................................gladwin

bench - fielding, Pearce, Gilbey, pack, burns, Reid, Bryan, Williams, Ayling, freeman.

too many on the bench then in which I could see o'leary, Reid, Williams  and even Bryan go out on loan although we would still need to keep numbers up.

what do other in here think? Yes Dack and Gilbey are speculative right now but not unrealistic and are actually targets along with smith.

R OD

Ayling                                      Pearce                                                    Baker                                        Gouldbourne

Dack                                      Smith

Kodjia/Burns                                                 Tomlin                                                Gladwin/Freeman/Bryan

Smith/Kodjia

Personally expect the arrival of Tomlin to see an end to our interest in Dack (for now) and if Golbourne signs today I only expect us to look to bring in one more, the hardest one to find, a striker on a permanent deal (no loans left).

Apart from El-Abd, I really can't see anyone moving out, as we are only now at the numbers that we've needed all season.

At the back I expect Ayling and Golbourne to be first choices with Flint, Baker and Pearce competing to fill the 2 CB slots.

Midfield is far more complicated, I see Korey and Tomlin as certs, with Pack, Gladwin and Freeman competing for two slots as I think Burns (who gives us pace and is a more likely goal scorer) is also a very likely starter.

Kodjia is still a certainty up front unless we bring in a real star signing, he hasn't scored in his last 8 league games I know, but we all know that the current alternatives of Wilbraham and Agard can't do the single striker role.

The other plus now is that (particularly in midfield) we can bring on players that are the equal of those going off, vital if we have injuries or need to react to how the game is going.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Personally expect the arrival of Tomlin to see an end to our interest in Dack (for now) and if Golbourne signs today I only expect us to look to bring in one more, the hardest one to find, a striker on a permanent deal (no loans left).

Apart from El-Abd, I really can't see anyone moving out, as we are only now at the numbers that we've needed all season.

At the back I expect Ayling and Golbourne to be first choices with Flint, Baker and Pearce competing to fill the 2 CB slots.

Midfield is far more complicated, I see Korey and Tomlin as certs, with Pack, Gladwin and Freeman competing for two slots as I think Burns (who gives us pace and is a more likely goal scorer) is also a very likely starter.

Kodjia is still a certainty up front unless we bring in a real star signing, he hasn't scored in his last 8 league games I know, but we all know that the current alternatives of Wilbraham and Agard can't do the single striker role.

The other plus now is that (particularly in midfield) we can bring on players that are the equal of those going off, vital if we have injuries or need to react to how the game is going.

I have been formed that this might not be the case for a while, good luck with your recovery, I hope its speedy!!

9 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

I'm going to list a lineup of players we have currently and who are looking to finalise by end of the window and based on the possibilities, it looks quite positive.

...........................................................ROD...........................................................

little...............................Flint................................baker........................golbourne

.......................Dack..........................smith...........................Tomlin..................

Kodjia.............................................smith.................................................gladwin

bench - fielding, Pearce, Gilbey, pack, burns, Reid, Bryan, Williams, Ayling, freeman.

too many on the bench then in which I could see o'leary, Reid, Williams  and even Bryan go out on loan although we would still need to keep numbers up.

what do other in here think? Yes Dack and Gilbey are speculative right now but not unrealistic and are actually targets along with smith.

Can't see us signing Dack, Smith and Gilbey. 1 is likely, possibly 2.... but 3! Would be in dreamland if we pulled all them off. Having said that if we did it looks like (FINALLY) a decent squad with depth.

O'Donnell 

Ayling Flint Baker Golbourne

Smith Pack

Burns Tomlin Bryan

Kodjia

Subs:

Fielding

Williams

Pearce

Gladwin

Freeman

Agard

Wilbs

Personally would still like us to get another holding midfielder and striker, then I think we'd have a very competitive squad. 

14 minutes ago, cynic said:

Even without Matt Smith and Dack (and assuming Golbourne signs), the depth of the squad now looks a lot better and gives plenty of options.

Hopefully, we can start the season now..

How very true!

Hopefully we can stay up by the skin of our teeth and hopefully SL NOW knows what the Championship is all about, and won't make the same royally ****** up mistakes next time around! Saying that though, I'm not going to hold my breath, this is Bristol City we're talking about:D

9 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

You can't be serious about little, nowhere near good enough to start in the championship. 

O'Donnell
Ayling.   Pearce.   Baker.    Golbourne
               Smith.    Pack
    Gladwin.   Tomlin.    Bryan
                     Kodjia

Subs: Fielding, Flint, Little, Reid, Freeman, Wilbraham, Burns

if you have Tomlin in midfield then you have never seen him play.  If we can sign someone to replace Pack then we are looking really strong.  

I know it sounds ridiculous but as we could be targeting an additional two players after Golbourne are we in danger of having too many new players at this stage of the season? New signings take time to gel and, as we have to hit the ground running, I am not sure Pembo has a clue what his strongest side is. Don't get me wrong, I am delighted at the quality we are bringing in but it is a slight fear of mine!

Having said that I am pleased at the way yesterday has gone, need a strong end to the week and our prospects for survival will be looking a lot stronger!

Archived