IGNORED

Significance of Pictures?

Linkedarm wall

Pembo has his picture taken with Tomlin and Ashton last night, now with Goldourne.....would seem odd now next week if they suddenly get a new man in?

So Pembo for the forseeable you reckon? Then if he don't get any results at all, panic button.  

Warnock said that yesterday on Talk Sport, 'they'll probably wait and see how the results go'....so we'll see!

5 minutes ago, Linkedarm wall said:

Pembo has his picture taken with Tomlin and Ashton last night, now with Goldourne.....would seem odd now next week if they suddenly get a new man in?

So Pembo for the forseeable you reckon? Then if he don't get any results at all, panic button.  

Warnock said that yesterday on Talk Sport, 'they'll probably wait and see how the results go'....so we'll see!

It's of absolutely no importance .

Pictures mean sod all.  But now we have got a few signings it looks like we will keep Pembo till the end of the season.

I am coming around to the idea of him staying in charge.  The stand out candidates don't seem to be interested and we can get someone at the end of the season and they will have the whole summer to sort the squad out.

I don't think we've had any stand out candidates apply, or they'd be standing by the players themselves by now. Pemberton, or whoever, is managing to bring players in which is better than we've managed in a while. Whether we have had to pay over the odds to do so I guess we'll never know.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think it's highly likely that a "big name" has said "yes, in the summer, IF you stay up"

I don't understand why we haven't just announced the JP is going to be in charge until the end of the season. 

I think you are probably right there.

I dont think the board had any other plan than giving Pembo a chance, I think as soon as the transfer window is shut it will be announced. Ashton has a habit of promoting from within and the board have a habit of (let me find the politically correct way of putting this) being financially frugal. Whilst this would have concerned me a week ago, I like the look of the signings we have made and wont be upset or surprised when its announced. 

19 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

... the whole summer to sort the squad out.

The good news is that the squad doesn't need a lot of sorting out.  It just needs the right new players added to it.

For an incoming manager it's a much better situation than most inherit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but surely mark Ashton and the board are responsible for the signings? At what point would Pemberton be involved? Surely he would just give it the nod once details have been clarified, I do find it strange that they haven't announced pemberton as manager. Also find that the Bristol post has been nothing but a nuisance. Quite frankly no one has a clue whats going on and if they do they are keeping it to themselves. We need a new local sports hub that provides valuable journalism instead of the useless post which seem more interested in bombarding your computer with adverts than actually providing any sensible information.

I don't think the photos have huge significance.

However, I do think Pembo will be revealed either after the Brum game if we win, or after the transfer window shuts.

I, like others, am slowly coming around to having him as manager. The main reason I wasn't convinced was player signings. If Cotts couldn't get players to sign for us, what chance would a fairly unknown number 2 have?

However, he has proved us wrong over the last week with 4 decent looking players coming in (even if it was the board and MA rather than him). He's certainly tightened us up defensively and made us look harder to beat. Who knows what the second half of the season will bring, but I am certainly more optimistic than I was 2 weeks ago.

28 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Would there also be a thread if they didn't have their pictures taken with Pembo?

" Pembo excluded from new signing photo shocker"

I just love it here.

My apologies, I'll run it past you next time, to see if it's worthy. Anyhow you've got 3 likes from 'the click.'

Well done.

4 hours ago, Linkedarm wall said:

My apologies, I'll run it past you next time, to see if it's worthy. Anyhow you've got 3 likes from 'the click.'

Well done.

By all means- I'm here to help and happy to do so... although I can save you some time now if any of your future posts include speculation based on who is or isn't in a press photo release and anything whatsoever that is or isn't said by Colin.

4 hours ago, WsM-Red said:

I don't think the photos have huge significance.

However, I do think Pembo will be revealed either after the Brum game if we win, or after the transfer window shuts.

I, like others, am slowly coming around to having him as manager. The main reason I wasn't convinced was player signings. If Cotts couldn't get players to sign for us, what chance would a fairly unknown number 2 have?

However, he has proved us wrong over the last week with 4 decent looking players coming in (even if it was the board and MA rather than him). He's certainly tightened us up defensively and made us look harder to beat. Who knows what the second half of the season will bring, but I am certainly more optimistic than I was 2 weeks ago.

hmmm, still not convinced about Pembo. Surely as Cotts right hand man, he has to shoulder some responsibility for our ongoing penchant for making schoolboy defensive errors and having woeful finishing - whatever the formation played.

So far Pembo has enjoyed one brilliant result, one expected result and one very poor result. I really hope Brum gives us another brilliant result, but for now the jury still has to be out on Pembo.

• Admin
5 hours ago, RedM said:

I don't think we've had any stand out candidates apply, or they'd be standing by the players themselves by now. Pemberton, or whoever, is managing to bring players in which is better than we've managed in a while. Whether we have had to pay over the odds to do so I guess we'll never know.

Or, some top names applied but were put off by the £8.70ph we offered them?

Archived