IGNORED

Potential new manager already in a job?

citywest30

Following the suggestion on the interview thread that we might be waiting for a manager currently in a job becomes available and that they would be a 'surprise', who do we think it may be?

Nb. This thread is purely speculation and for those who enjoy speculation. If you deal in fact head to the transfer rumours thread which is unusually factual the past two days. :-) 

Do they have to currently be employed as a Football Manager, or even in the "industry" (as that nice new Mr. Ashton so horribly referred to it as)? 

If not, I'd like to hope we are talking to the tall chap who currently works in the KFC outside the ground; he's very adept at changing formations as one minute he's putting together a 3-piece variety meal with Sweetcorn and a Pepsi Max, the next he's happily shifted his game-plan to a Boneless Banquet with Large Gravy and a sachet of Sweet Chilli Source. All of this he seems to do effortlessly, with a smile on his boat and a spring in his step. A nice change from that nasty chap we had in last. 

And there's no denying it would be a surprise. He gets my vote. 

i'm still waiting to be surprised by the apparent surprising applicants, but will be even more surprised if the eventual surprise manager was actually a surprising applicant, surely now unsurprisingly it's got to be Pemberton's to lose, especially now surprisingly SL has personally taken over the search for our surprising new manager.

20 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Following the suggestion on the interview thread that we might be waiting for a manager currently in a job becomes available and that they would be a 'surprise', who do we think it may be?

Nb. This thread is purely speculation and for those who enjoy speculation. If you deal in fact head to the transfer rumours thread which is unusually factual the past two days. :-) 

As long as you work on the highlighted above basis, then your thread is harmless fun.

i was introducing another angle to the the reason behind a delay possibility and didn't want to alarm a load of club chairman up and down the land

And i could or might be possibly reasonably and potentially likely to be wrong :) 

Could we be waiting for someone who is currently on 'Gardening Leave'. I'm not sure how these contracts work when a manager is fired but don't they carry on getting paid a wage for a certain period of time or until they get another job? Someone like Pearson for instance may still be being paid by Leicester.

49 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Do they have to currently be employed as a Football Manager, or even in the "industry" (as that nice new Mr. Ashton so horribly referred to it as)? 

If not, I'd like to hope we are talking to the tall chap who currently works in the KFC outside the ground; he's very adept at changing formations as one minute he's putting together a 3-piece variety meal with Sweetcorn and a Pepsi Max, the next he's happily shifted his game-plan to a Boneless Banquet with Large Gravy and a sachet of Sweet Chilli Source. All of this he seems to do effortlessly, with a smile on his boat and a spring in his step. A nice change from that nasty chap we had in last. 

Source?

1 hour ago, djb6162 said:

As long as you work on the highlighted above basis, then your thread is harmless fun.

i was introducing another angle to the the reason behind a delay possibility and didn't want to alarm a load of club chairman up and down the land

And i could or might be possibly reasonably and potentially likely to be wrong :) 

Completely understand Mr Burns. :-) 

Yours was just an interesting take on it that I hadn't considered. My money is still on them being in the recruitment process and it could still be anybody - Pearson, Moyes, Pembo whoever. I just hope they inform us of the latest soon.

52 minutes ago, Big C said:

Could we be waiting for someone who is currently on 'Gardening Leave'. I'm not sure how these contracts work when a manager is fired but don't they carry on getting paid a wage for a certain period of time or until they get another job? Someone like Pearson for instance may still be being paid by Leicester.

This was something else that I considered when thinking about reasons why we're having to wait. Could both Sherwood and Pearson be in this situation? Can they be shortened by financial agreements? Have a feeling Paul Lambert had some shortened once to take up a new job.

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

A smile on his boat? What are you? A cocker-knee?

5 hours ago, Big C said:

Yes, it always makes me chuckle when they say a manager has been sacked. No they haven't they have just been relieved of first teams duties and are still have to be paid. Nobody is going to have in their contract that if they lose "X" amount of games they lose their job. The options are they a) take up another role at the club (rare). b) Go on gardening leave on full pay until they either take another job or their contract runs out (common) or c) a compromise is reached and they are paid off, for example 1 year of the last 2 years of their contract. Dismissed for gross misconduct would be the only way to get rid of a manager for nothing (or resignation, maybe forced).

If Pearson was not dismissed for gross misconduct by Leicester then he will still be being paid by them. It will be interesting to see what happened with Cotterill, strong possibility that he was actually dismissed . If not we will be paying for 2 managers for a while.

Funny this should come up. I've had a nagging scenario in my head for a week now. Everyone expected Mark Ashton to bring in Appleton. Which lead to a massive out cry. With Oxford enjoying a good cup run the pair decide to put any appointment on hold until the dust has settled suggesting Appleton is in talks to extend contract at the Kassam. Then when Oxford are out of the cup, Ashton has calmed the waters with a few signings (targets agreed by Appy), its announced that Oxford couldn't agree terms with Oxford and Ashton sees his opportunity to grab such an amazing coach who was seemingly out of reach. 

You heard it here first :facepalm:

Archived