IGNORED

Tomlin & Golbourne: What will they bring?

The Exiled Robin

Ahead of Saturday's key clash with Birmingham, we might have the luxury of seeing two new signings on the pitch.

Bristol boy Scott Golbourne returns home after ten years whilst in Lee Tomlin, we have made possibly the most intriguing and exciting signing of recent times.

Golbourne we've seen before of course, albeit when he was very young, whilst Tomlin is notorious at Ashton Gate for being sent off inside 15 minutes against Derek McInnes' side a few seasons back.

To get an insight into our newbies, I got in touch with fans of Wolves and Peterborough and got a view of what Golbourne and Tomlin can bring to our survival scrap.

Golbourne's review is here: http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/scott-golbourne-hes-coming-home-wolves.html

Whilst a fantastic view from Blog regular Jamie Jones, on firecracker Lee Tomlin is here: http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/lee-tomlin-posh-view-on-our.html

Thanks for reading!

Thanks ExiledRobin. 

Always good to get the views of fans who've watched these players hundreds of times. 

Hopefully in Golbourne we've got an actual proper real genuine left back. It's important we have someone who properly knows that position. Bryan I see as a more advanced player, whilst Williams is a centre half with a left foot, so is obviously pushed out there for balance but not positional nous. 

As for Tomlin. Great signing on paper. Hopefully he can provide the much needed goals and assists we've been lacking from our front 4 or 5. Interesting to hear that his best days were with a mobile striker, so perhaps he can really hit it off with Kodjia. 

The best thing they give us though is options. We've been severely lacking those. 

Really interesting incite from two more qualified opinions of these players. One thing that tickled me and gave great encouragement to me at the same time was the comment about Tomlin:

On his day, Tomlin has the skill, spirit, will to win and goals to fire City to safety in the Championship. When he is on his game, he can take any match by the scruff of the neck. You know that scene in Teenwolf,  where Chubby and the gang sit around on the court eating and chatting whilst Michael J Fox scores all the points and wins the march, well that’s Tomlin and his team-mates on a good day. 

I thought according to our 'experts' on here that we'd signed the equivalent of Chubby not Michael J Fox? Btw, loved that film growing up as a kid, hopefully Tomlin can be our turn-to player to lift us up the table.

Good read all the same, many thanks for your efforts ExiledRobin.

32 minutes ago, cheese said:

I've been told Tomlin has been asked to bring the half-time oranges and Golbourne the tape for the socks.  Hopefully they won't forget.

Not sure putting Tomlin in charge of food stuff is the smartest idea..

It's never a bad thing having local lads in the team. That and having a Full back playing at full back will be a bonus, and a change from people that CAN play there. Some added solidity to the back is vital in the coming months. 

With Tomlin , I am genuinely excited . He could be massive , a real talent if he can continue staying away from red cards. We already have a potential liability and can do without another potential half time panic substitution to save a possible Red.

All of a sudden the Jan window looks to have been a success , if we sign anyone else I may let out a little wee :whistle:

Archived