IGNORED

Transfer Deadline - Who would you SELL if we COULD

Tomo

Let's not automatically think who would we buy in the next 48 hours - Let's look at who YOU would SELL (who are not good enough at Championship Level),

For me, the certainties are:-

Agard, Wilbs, Burns, Waggy, Abd

Possibles - they need to show whether they can cut the mustard at this level, so do we give them more time ?:- 

Reid and Freeman

Of course there are other question marks but the 5 certainties for me are SIMPLY LEAGUE 1 STANDARD!

Thoughts?

Tomo

46 minutes ago, tomo said:

Let's not automatically think who would we buy in the next 48 hours - Let's look at who YOU would SELL (who are not good enough at Championship Level),

Possibles - they need to show whether they can cut the mustard at this level, so do we give them more time ?:- 

Reid and Freeman

Of course there are other question marks but the 5 certainties for me are SIMPLY LEAGUE 1 STANDARD!

Thoughts?

Tomo

Even if we bring in another couple it's still not a huge squad if we had an injury or two, in reality would not shift anybody in this window bar El Abd

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

With the position we're in and squad size we have, the only people I think we can afford to lose are Wagstaff and El Abd.

El-Abd yes, but I don't even think we could afford to lose Wagstaff..

If it resulted in a better player joining in a swap maybe Agard is the only other one.

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Reid and Freeman

Thoughts?

Tomo

Abd,and Reid.......   Neither will ever make it in the championship.......especially sad to say this about bobby..a local lad but its not going to happen...

I don't expect us to off-load any players if I am honest!

I am just highlighting 5 players that are not up to the level of championship football and feel that Reid and Freeman need a little more time to shine.

I worry that for Reid - maybe League 1 is also his level.

Freeman - needs to start showing me more also!

Tomo

I wouldn't want to get rid of any as I believe they are all usefull but if your asking who isn't currently cutting it at this level and likely won't IMO I would say:

• Williams
  • El Abd
  • Little (border line)
  • Pack (recently changing my opinion but not enough yet)
  • Reid
  • Wagstaff
  • Agard

I think Wilbs has the quality but not the stamina so can be a bencher/impact type player until his contract runs out.

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Dack better than Freeman? Not sure about that

I was thinking the same.  As much as I've been critical of Freeman this season, to just presume a lad who has never played at this level (just like Freeman before this season) is automatically going to be better seems a bit bold.  Could end up struggling initially, just like Freeman, and imagine he'd be subject of a thread like this pretty soon if so.

Appreciate the aim of this thread, but got to say; pretty depressing in many ways.

We're an absolutely tiny squad due to our over-caution in bringing in new permanent signings the last 12 months, and while I accept that means we've a few players who may not be here much longer if we retain our Championship status, flat-out writing off swathes of the squad suggest people aren't very aware of the situation we find ourselves in.

Yes; some of our players are limited, or not the finished article, but yesterday the oft mentioned as not good enough likes of Little formed part of a team that did everything but win against a team now in the top six, and in the past two weeks beat the then league leaders and lost a very narrow game to a comfortably midtable team.  

Its not always about doing getting a collection of the most impressive individuals, but about playing a team that can click together to produce something greater than the sum of their parts, and I think since we've shifted formation, we're moving towards that, even with some of our 'limited' players.

And anyway; we've spent half a season barely able to fill a bench, so I'm more than happy if we have a few extra players than can fit in the match day squad for the next four months - those options, however limited some might be, could prove vital.

El-Abd would be only one for me, not a big squad still but even so Waggy showed promise against West Brom imo. Then Wes/Reid should be loans not sold if they were to not feature this year, took Bryan till he was older to nail a first team space down. 

Archived