IGNORED

Charlton Away

class not gas

You can come off M4 later around Chiswick/Hammersmith. You won't get free parking but you could try and find something on this site, not used this one before but have used similar things. On someone's drive might be cheaper:

https://www.justpark.com/search/?filter=1&order=&q=Hammersmith%2C+London%2C+United+Kingdom&ac_country=&place_id=&location_name=Hammersmith&source=none&coords=51.4911875%2C-0.22373149999998532&start_date=06+Feb+2016&start_time=11%3A00%3A00&end_date=06+Feb+2016&end_time=23%3A00%3A00&no_of_spaces=1

30 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Please can anyone give me the best tube station to go to off the M4 to get to Charlton.I know i need to get to Greenwich, which is a 10 min walk to ground.Parking will be needed as well, thanks everyone.Prices would be helpfull but that might be asking too much.

Bit more than 10 minutes walk from Greenwich isn't it? You can get the overland train to Charlton from London Bridge takes about 15m and there's about 4 per hour but there are some decent pubs in Greenwich/Cutty Sark and that's on the same line / one of the stops on the way

36 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Please can anyone give me the best tube station to go to off the M4 to get to Charlton.I know i need to get to Greenwich, which is a 10 min walk to ground.Parking will be needed as well, thanks everyone.Prices would be helpfull but that might be asking too much.

Just a heads up, it's not Greenwich you want to get too. It's Charlton station. 

You can get to Charlton station from Greenwich DLR station by taking the train 3 stops, otherwise your walk will be more like 45 mins. 

18 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

You can come off M4 later around Chiswick/Hammersmith. You won't get free parking but you could try and find something on this site, not used this one before but have used similar things. On someone's drive might be cheaper:

https://www.justpark.com/search/?filter=1&order=&q=Hammersmith%2C+London%2C+United+Kingdom&ac_country=&place_id=&location_name=Hammersmith&source=none&coords=51.4911875%2C-0.22373149999998532&start_date=06+Feb+2016&start_time=11%3A00%3A00&end_date=06+Feb+2016&end_time=23%3A00%3A00&no_of_spaces=1

11 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Bit more than 10 minutes walk from Greenwich isn't it? You can get the overland train to Charlton from London Bridge takes about 15m and there's about 4 per hour but there are some decent pubs in Greenwich/Cutty Sark and that's on the same line / one of the stops on the way

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

Just a heads up, it's not Greenwich you want to get too. It's Charlton station. 

You can get to Charlton station from Greenwich DLR station by taking the train 3 stops, otherwise your walk will be more like 45 mins. 

Thanks for that it must be Charlton station that is approx 10 mins.

The Valley isn't near any tube stations, so unless you know where you are going and don't mind a 45 minute walk (?) it needs a bus as well.

The Charlton overground station is close to the ground, so one way would be taking any overground train into Waterloo, walking across to Waterloo East (less than 5 minutes) and get a train direct to Charlton from there.  Done using one ticket.

There will be free street parking near some overground stations, e.g. Brentford, Kew Bridge or Chiswick, but you may need to park 10 minutes away.

A Tube option is to use Acton Town (Picadilly) and park down Bollo Lane next to the station (free), which is a cheaper zone than Hounslow.  Come off the M4 and go north along the North Circular  (J2, as for Brentford) , go right at the light at the first crossroads, and Acton Town station is half a mile or so on the right, Bollo Lane is just past it on tthe right.

One overground ticket might be cheaper than tube + bus.  I'm not sure whether a travelcard (tube+bus) is cheaper than just using a contactless bank card for each journey is cheaper (just tap the card where you tap an oyster card).

There are many options.  I know a bit, but others will always know more.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Yeah, thought we would take at least 2000.  Still a week to go, so you never know.

1470 sold so far - 500 more on the way from Charlton. Hope we will see 2000 + (POTD dependant) at the valley come Saturday

Archived