IGNORED

Bristol Manor Farm

Ray White

In to the Quarter Final draw of the FA Vase after beating Sunderland RCA FC of the Northern league 3-2 away. A tremendous achievement considering the side they faced had only lost once in their last 21 matches. The Farm themselves are having a great season and scoring plenty of goals. Hopefully they will get a home tie in the quarters and a few City fans will go down the creek to watch if they aren't making the trip to MK Dons. Who knows, they could potentially be drawn against Hereford?! 

Up the Farm!!

I was club secretary in the days of steve feys management and I know that chairman Geoff selleck got pissed off each season as BMF always got knocked out in the early rounds of the cups so the financial return was minimal, so really pleased for him as his financial backing has kept the club going over the years.

One of the many unsung hero's of non league football in this area !

I posted on  the match day thread that Twentypence had spoken to the manager after the game on Saturday and congratulated them, in fact he had quite a long conversation with him.  Nice to see RB taking an interest in a small Bristol club and their cup run, shame about the away draw, still let's hope they can win and perhaps get to Wembley.   If that's the case and City don't have a game, maybe a few thousands City fans will go and shout them on!

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I suspect we can guess who BMF would prefer. Bloody long way to Morpeth!

nowhere near as far, but I was all set to go down to Pompey for the round before last. 3 hours after I set off I got a text saying the game was postponed, fortunately I was at Temple Meads so changed plans and saw our game at WBA.

The game down at Pompey was when the cup was still seeded, despite this an Ipswich team had to travel to Bodmin! (or vice versa, either way roughly 40 miles further than Bristol to Morpeth)

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 17:45, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I posted on  the match day thread that Twentypence had spoken to the manager after the game on Saturday and congratulated them, in fact he had quite a long conversation with him.  Nice to see RB taking an interest in a small Bristol club and their cup run, shame about the away draw, still let's hope they can win and perhaps get to Wembley.   If that's the case and City don't have a game, maybe a few thousands City fans will go and shout them on!

The manager Lee Lashenko is also licensee at one of my locals and he lives, breathes, eats, sleeps and everything else football, to the point of obsession. He is also extremely knowledgeable, for a Man Utd fan that is.

I think Lee was on Chelsea's books as a youngster - having played quite a few 5 a sides with him I can see that - but didn't make the most of his talent. Hence I presume his determination to succeed in management. He has turned around the fortunes of every club he has managed at. Top man - maybe a future City manager??!!

I'm running a coach to MK Dons on 20 Feb, if BMF are playing Berkhamsted that coach might just make a diversion!!

Archived