IGNORED

Missing Flag from Atyeo

BCFCS82

Hi folks.

Hope everyone enjoyed the streamers yesterday, we think it went pretty well.  Perhaps we can go a little larger scale if we try this again.  Well done everyone who launched them with great gusto - not sure if any stewards were targeted, but there was definitely an enthusiasm, ha ha!

Yesterday, we wanted to try to expand the colour in the area, and so we handed out some of the 2-pole flags toward the middle blocks of the stand.  The last few games there have been a number of flags that have been left 'unwaved', so we thought we'd hand them out and try to drum up interest, but also take this further than just the corner area.

A couple of our group went up and down the aisles handing flags out pre-match, and we were incredibly grateful when people accepted these and proudly flew them when the team came out.  Many thanks to those that did so.

Sadly, as you may have read earlier in the other thread, we have to report that one of our 2-pole flags is now missing.  A 2nd flag nearly went missing, but a member of our group saw a young lad of around 15 with the flag and poles stuffed underneath his coat, and so chased, caught and recovered the item (lucky he didn't get a clip round the ear for his trouble!)
Without wishing to accuse any of our supporters, it does appear that this flag is not lost, but is in fact stolen.  We are incredibly disappointed with this.  These flags are not funded or provided by the club, these are paid for 100% with supporter driven initiatives, and fans have spent time and money designing and purchasing these, as well as sacrificing a couple of hours on a Saturday morning to set all this up at the ground.

We wanted to spread the colour across the whole Atyeo area but it appears that by doing so we lost sight of all the flags, and mistakenly put our trust in our fellow supporters to treat these with respect.
We would like to put a polite plea out there to anyone - it could be you, or a mate of yours - who knows anything about this, or indeed who may have witnessed anything.  We'd offer an amnesty at this point in time, so if this flag was returned then we will say no more about it.  I hope that someone just took this by mistake, as opposed to intentionally pilfering from your own supporters, but if this was to be returned in time for the next home game then we can scrub this off as a mistake (believe me, some of our group don't want to be quite as kind, but we think it's the right thing to allow this to be written off if this is returned asap).

So please, if you have taken this flag, we would appeal to your better nature and ask for it's swift return, and no questions asked.  The missing flag is this one below, so if you see it or know anything, please get in touch.

Many thanks
Section 82

12592694_10153371570922514_7531806513710

Hope the flag gets returned, and it doesn't get to the point where you have to sign flags in and out.

As for the young lad who tried to half inch that flag, would imagine he'll be too embarrassed to show his face again this season, what a plonker!

Was taking the photo of the section82 flag on a similar era rug by chance or design?

Keep up the good work!

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hope the flag gets returned, and it doesn't get to the point where you have to sign flags in and out.

As for the young lad who tried to half inch that flag, would imagine he'll be too embarrassed to show his face again this season, what a plonker!

Was taking the photo of the section82 flag on a similar era rug by chance or design?

Keep up the good work!

Ha ha, thanks Bristol Rob.  The owner of the rug is happy for that to be stolen.

2 minutes ago, I am the mole said:

I suspect it will in the same place as the drumstick!

Ah, the lost drumstick. For years people have searched for Atlantis, the Yeti, the loch Ness monster and that Malaysian airways plane, but it's the drumstick that still has them all stumped. 

Rumour has it the next Indiana Jones film will be 'Temple of Boom!' - with boom being a reference to the 'badly played drum', it has baffled historians and scientists for years as to how one drum could be played so often yet without rhythm.

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is this the second one ?

Jeez

Just a thought fellas 

Would it be an idea to take a quick phone picture as you hand them out ?

Bit of a pain but would be a great deterrent 

It may or may not have been the persons we handed the flag out to.  The guys we handed them to could have put them down and were picked up by someone else.

2 minutes ago, cider head said:

Flag has been located and will be returned, a young 13 year old lad took it home as he genuinely thought the flag was being handed out free to fans.

The lads dad has spotted a similar appeal on facebook and posted about the mistake and will return the flag.

Nice one. Just goes to show genuine mistakes can be made and provided they`re put right, no problem. Fair play to the lad and his dad. You never know, if the boy liked the flag that much, he may want to get involved.

11 minutes ago, cider head said:

Flag has been located and will be returned, a young 13 year old lad took it home as he genuinely thought the flag was being handed out free to fans.

The lads dad has spotted a similar appeal on facebook and posted about the mistake and will return the flag.

Good end to the situation.

Course, it could be a case that some fans would like to buy their own flags/shower curtains so they have their own version of their stadium favourite.

Have section82 considered posting details of suppliers or costs?

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Course, it could be a case that some fans would like to buy their own flags/shower curtains so they have their own version of their stadium favourite.

Not a bad idea and the guys can pass on suppliers or costs if asked.

The flags in the Atyeo are owned by various fans and given to a few lads who put the flags up and down to be custodials of them and any fan can leave there flag in the locker to be put out on match days and locked away after, thats if they don't wish to carry their flag around with them.

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeah who makes the flags? I'd like to design and donate one to the section, and want to get a flag made to take to the Euros so any details would be appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Yeah who makes the flags? I'd like to design and donate one to the section, and want to get a flag made to take to the Euros so any details would be appreciated. 

Prepare for a shock moment here, in true ultragate spirit , we have used

www.ultrashop.com 

Polish company , the two poles are called bandari I think. 

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

How times change. Whatever happened to spraying one of your mum`s bedsheets with black paint or, if you were really daring, customising a Union Jack you`d nicked from outside the Town Hall?

I have used the following two flag companies in the past but price all depends on what size flag you want and sewn flags are more expensive than printed.

http://www.bannersforall.co.uk/Football-Flags.html

http://www.aaflags.co.uk/

PVC banners if on a budget this company are quite low in price and a few PVC banners in the Atyeo have been made by bannersex

http://www.bannersex.co.uk/

I had absolutely no idea there were streamers and things yesterday, from the end of the Dolman nearest the South Stand I can't see you and rarely hear you. You were much more visual and vocal before your recent move. Shame. 

5 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I have used Wilkinson's own plain white shower curtain and red, water based poster paint. Takes 20 mins whilst watching Derby vs Man U

Don't wish to be remotely critical, but I couldn't help think that the letter 'w' could have done with a wee bit more TLC.

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Cheers for that. The feeling's mutual x 10.

Not sure if I'm reading you wrong, but I think you think I've offended you? Why the attitude? All I'm saying is visually I can't see you and the noise certainly doesn't carry as being in the far end Dolman we are level with the singers/flag wavers now you are in that corner. 

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Not sure if I'm reading you wrong, but I think you think I've offended you? Why the attitude? All I'm saying is visually I can't see you and the noise certainly doesn't carry as being in the far end Dolman we are level with the singers/flag wavers now you are in that corner. 

I could see it from the top of the  South Stand very easily, looked great!

I thought it looked really good, Brum were near silent all game and the only atmosphere was from 'the section'.

Thought the streamers looked great, only thing I would say is that 'cos the team don't walk out to the Atyeo would be delaying 'throw off' till they are out and dancing over the tea saucers and making the touchline a mess.

That said, can't imagine getting people to wait would be easy and it'll look pants if it isn't done in union. 

31 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Ok. And we can't hear or see you either. Good job someone's making an effort.

I'm not saying I'm making an effort, or not. I'm not belittling your efforts, but I seem to have hit a nerve. All I'm stating is that as the singers flag wavers are out of our sight line it's a shame as I'm sure you look great. You seem to have taken offence at this? Yes, no doubt they can be seen from the SS as it opposite not inline as such. I just think that siting the singers once and for all next season will need to be properly considered as where they are now isn't as effective as when they were over where the away fans are now.

I'm comfortable located where I am though and not worry what everyone else thinks.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't wish to be remotely critical, but I couldn't help think that the letter 'w' could have done with a wee bit more TLC.

Basicly Rooney scored and I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, and paint doesn't rub off. However anyone who thinks they can do better, please do #TwentyIsPlentySteve

Archived