IGNORED

JP...He comes across well in the media!

REDOXO

Listening and watching JP since he took over you have to be impressed by how the fella comes across in interviews, something not lost on the board et al I am sure

On top of this he has brought in some good players and we don't leak goals. I reckon he is two good signings (please god at least one finisher) away from having the job at least until May!

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Listening and watching JP since he took over you have to be impressed by how the fella comes across in interviews, something not lost on the board et al I am sure

On top of this he has brought in some good players and we don't leak goals. I reckon he is two good signings (please god at least one finisher) away from having the job at least until May!

McInnes came across well in interviews etc. Means very little I'm afraid. Pembo clearly knows football and the politics, he's been in the game long enough and has been around some big clubs and personalities. He's hitting all the right notes and saying all the right things to get everyone on side. Particularly in making a point about the importance of Bryan, Reid, Burns etc, he knows what he is doing. 

Initially I thought it would be a bad thing if he got it until the end of the season but now while I'm not overly for it I am not strongly against it. 

4 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

McInnes came across well in interviews etc. Means very little I'm afraid. Pembo clearly knows football and the politics, he's been in the game long enough and has been around some big clubs and personalities. He's hitting all the right notes and saying all the right things to get everyone on side. Particularly in making a point about the importance of Bryan, Reid, Burns etc, he knows what he is doing. 

Initially I thought it would be a bad thing if he got it until the end of the season but now while I'm not overly for it I am not strongly against it. 

Not sure about McInnes coming over well. 

My thought is that in this case he comes over well because he knows the politics as you say, but also because he has a short term plan and is attracting players which gives him and me confidence. McInness came across poorly particularly toward the end as he had ran out of ideas. The I'm gonna play the kids statement was the last straw as at that point it was clearly lost. 

Football managers all have a finite span, but JP is already showing signs as are the team.  I'm pretty comfortable if things go his way tomorrow he will have the job until May and if he keeps us up longer. 

20 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Not sure about McInnes coming over well. 

My thought is that in this case he comes over well because he knows the politics as you say, but also because he has a short term plan and is attracting players which gives him and me confidence. McInness came across poorly particularly toward the end as he had ran out of ideas. The I'm gonna play the kids statement was the last straw as at that point it was clearly lost. 

Football managers all have a finite span, but JP is already showing signs as are the team.  I'm pretty comfortable if things go his way tomorrow he will have the job until May and if he keeps us up longer. 

I agree with McInnes towards the end, it was desperate. But at the start of his reign he came across very well and seemed a charming fella. 

I think with JP even those that want a perm manager now are still behind him, even though he's not a preference. It will be interesting to see if we pull anything out the bag tomorrow.

Archived