IGNORED

Dragon's Den

The Dolman Pragmatist

Hey. Just to start by saying I work for the company that supplies those self-pour units. Would be happy to honestly answer any questions you have.

The unit in Ashton Gate has it's own wifi which has limited range with all the steel and concrete. I believe we're tying it into the stadium wifi to solve that. I also understand we're replacing it with a another unit to more powerful antennas.

The units pour a good beer, and are not the same as the demo unit on Dragons Den,. That was recorded almost a year ago. Personally I'm a big fan of quickly getting my own beer when I want it.

There are several good fast pour systems out there like some of the pictures above. The problem is two fold, 1. Your beer can still be sitting there getting warm and flat while you queue. And 2. They do nothing to speed up the transaction. Self-pour is the only way I know of to get a good beer quickly when it's busy.

Hope that helps.

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't help but think those Dragon types missed a trick when quizzing that beer bloke. 

'Right, this magical beer machine... what button does a season ticket holder press to get 10% off, and what one does a Forever Bristol member press for their 5% off?.... And the double discount button?'

If I  remember correctly when the machine was working it was cheaper than the bar price but was lacking in choice - 1 lager /1cider

1 hour ago, drinkcommand said:

Hey. Just to start by saying I work for the company that supplies those self-pour units. Would be happy to honestly answer any questions you have.

The unit in Ashton Gate has it's own wifi which has limited range with all the steel and concrete. I believe we're tying it into the stadium wifi to solve that. I also understand we're replacing it with a another unit to more powerful antennas.

The units pour a good beer, and are not the same as the demo unit on Dragons Den,. That was recorded almost a year ago. Personally I'm a big fan of quickly getting my own beer when I want it.

There are several good fast pour systems out there like some of the pictures above. The problem is two fold, 1. Your beer can still be sitting there getting warm and flat while you queue. And 2. They do nothing to speed up the transaction. Self-pour is the only way I know of to get a good beer quickly when it's busy.

Hope that helps.

Hi.

1. Does the machine just allow for one pint of beer to come out? What about if someone has loads of head on there beer (like the guy did in Dragon's Den), can they pour like a bartender would to remove that foam and still get a full pint? 

2. Similarly, what if some numpty pours himself a glass of half foam, does he have to stand there whilst it settle and wait to pour the rest - would take ages if so. 

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Night84 said:

Hi.

1. Does the machine just allow for one pint of beer to come out? What about if someone has loads of head on there beer (like the guy did in Dragon's Den), can they pour like a bartender would to remove that foam and still get a full pint? 

2. Similarly, what if some numpty pours himself a glass of half foam, does he have to stand there whilst it settle and wait to pour the rest - would take ages if so. 

Thanks.

Drinkcommand's comments are very helpful and like him I don't want to queue for 10 mins when your only in there for about an hour. Night84 -  all I can say is that when I used it there were no problems and again if I remember rightly you could also get a half out if you wanted to.

1 hour ago, Night84 said:

Hi.

Thanks.

Good questions.

The units are carefully designed and calibrated so you don't get foam, including the pour being slowed down a little. In UK law you have to select a Pint or Half etc while in most countries you can pour a drop if you like. Even though you're selecting a pint or half it's measuring by the drop so you get exactly what you paid for even if it was foamy. You can finish the pour at any time at no additional cost. If you did get a foamy pint other users can pour away and you can jump back in when ready.

10 minutes ago, drinkcommand said:

Good questions.

The units are carefully designed and calibrated so you don't get foam, including the pour being slowed down a little. In UK law you have to select a Pint or Half etc while in most countries you can pour a drop if you like. Even though you're selecting a pint or half it's measuring by the drop so you get exactly what you paid for even if it was foamy. You can finish the pour at any time at no additional cost. If you did get a foamy pint other users can pour away and you can jump back in when ready.

Thanks for that, seems like a reasonable deal, will look forward to trying it out.

Archived