IGNORED

Can we find a poacher to put the icing on the cake

Portishead Puffin

We need a poacher, I don't care about their work rate, tracking back, or even their first touch as long as their second touch ends up in the back of the net. They are not easy to find, particularly at this level, you only have to look at the league to see that goals are at a premium in the lower part of the table. I think if you showed a decent striker the chances we have created in recent games, they would be licking their lips at the prospect of being on the end of them. We don't need a Nicky Maynard, we need a Goater or a Thorpe.

It's one of those strange things in football that when things are going well, you almost seem to score goals at will, (witness last season when if we couldn't score through good play the opposition seemed to somehow gift us a goal), yet when things are not running your way, you can't buy a goal.

I would say even during Cotts reign going forward I have been happy with 80/90% of our play 80/90% of the time, and now under Pemberton I am very happy with the way the defence is working, we just need to convert that good play into goals. I think if one player starts scoring goals, the rest of the team gain confidence and start chipping in.

Come on MA and the transfer committee, find us a poacher....

7 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I I can't see Fulham selling to us as we are a relagation rival.

will be Bradshaw or a loan no one has mentioned

I don't see Smith as a poacher anyway, he might be a long term target in the summer, but I think we need someone who can score the scruffy goals.

Paul Hollywood has signed -he should be able to put the icing on the cake.

Commenting on the move Hollywood said " Bristol City were prepared to offer the dough  that I kneaded and  I am sure I will rise to the occasion. There's muffin' that can stop this club escaping relegation - it should be a piece of cake for this squad".

Asked  who ate all the pies Hollywood  confirmed it was Lee Tomlin"

Assuming, as it appears we rant going to be able to bring in a experienced proven goal scorer

Then I'd be looking to take a punt on a young player who wouldn't cost silly money

Said a couple of times about him but I'd take a punt on 21yr old Jack Marriott at Luton

Small (5'8) but looks a good finisher to me

If he has any sort of impact great , if not we've got him to develop - See it as a no lose 'bonus'

12 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

And the award for Mixsd Metaphor of the Month goes to...

....Port Said Red :clapping: 

Hey, not that mixed, at least both refer to cooking.........

If you want some really good ones, turn to the professionals!

http://talksport.com/magazine/features/2011-03-14/tony-pulis-stone-banker-proverbial-donkeys-and-moles-wall-its-funny-football-metaphors

Oh and it's only the 1st of Feb, I am sure it will be surpassed!

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Hey, not that mixed, at least both refer to cooking.........

If you want some really good ones, turn to the professionals!

http://talksport.com/magazine/features/2011-03-14/tony-pulis-stone-banker-proverbial-donkeys-and-moles-wall-its-funny-football-metaphors

Oh and it's only the 1st of Feb, I am sure it will be surpassed!

And there are 29 days to do it in :o

We have a liquorice all sorts collection of players, which hopefully gives us all the clubs in the bag that we need. Among them is the good, the bad and the ugly capable of enabling phoenix to rise from the ashes, in this season where we seems to have been clutching defeat from the jaws if victory following  the tremendous season where we took league 1 by storm.

Hopefully it will turn out to be a season of two halves, where we can turn things around quickly, find a new lease of life and go on a run that will see us climb the table.

Having said that we have new signings that need time to bed in and find their feet so lets not get the cart before the horse and expect miracles, because there's a long way to go with plenty of six pointers, starting this week.

Pembs seems to have the players behind him, so they need to get behind him in every game but we need to see leaders out on the pitch who are prepared to lead from the front, while staying firmly behind the manager :blink: Fans also need to be fully behind Pembs, but not getting on his back because he has the weight of fans' expectation on his shoulders.

Metaphorically speaking it's easy to say what we should be doing. Saying it is one thing - doing it is another thing entirely. In view of that I am happy to pass the buck to the manager and players and the board, of course, because of the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing then we will get nowhere fast.

Think that makes things as clear as a hap'orth of tar and everything will be shipshape and Bristol fashion.

27 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Can we find a poacher to put the icing on the cake

so you're learning English and your teacher puts this question to you:blink:......... and then explains that its in fact related to football...:blink::blink:. i love our language but wow it must be a pain to learn

poacher.jpgpoach.jpgicing.jpg

find.jpg

poach.jpg

poacher.jpg

Yeah but you all knew what I meant! :). I might have phrased it differently if I was talking to Kodjia though. :)

Archived