IGNORED

Have we improved the squad

bs3

With only a few hours left of the transfere window and unless we make a couple of new signings , this window as been a little disapointing. 

In realitity we have missed out on out top targets yet again. Two new loans signings didn't make the starting 11 on Saturday ,  going by a few of our last loanes will we even see them?

Signing  keeper was an absolute given seeing that Fielding is injured. Scott Goldbourne is a decent signing replacing Bennett but remains to be seen if he can really improve on what we have already got.

Tomlin looks good but is match fitness is a concern.

We are crying out for an out and out striker( how many chances have gone begging this season), and the elephant in the room is what the hell is happening with the manager.

The preformance was encouraging again at the weekend but we failed to go on and win.

I just can't see where are next win is coming from , five new signings but I fear its not enough to keep us up.

Yes the squad is so much better than the squad that got us promoted! Yes we need to score goals but we only need to take one chance out of the many created now to get 3 points as we look more solid across the back! Whereas with the wingback system under Cotterill we would need to take 2 or 3 chances out ofthe very few created just to get a point! New formation and new players will take time to adapt to the style and pace but give it a couple of weeks and everyone will notice the difference! 

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

With only a few hours left of the transfere window and unless we make a couple of new signings , this window as been a little disapointing. 

In realitity we have missed out on out top targets yet again. Two new loans signings didn't make the starting 11 on Saturday ,  going by a few of our last loanes will we even see them?

Signing  keeper was an absolute given seeing that Fielding is injured. Scott Goldbourne is a decent signing replacing Bennett but remains to be seen if he can really improve on what we have already got.

We are crying out for an out and out striker( how many chances have gone begging this season), and the elephant in the room is what the hell is happening with the manager.

The preformance was encouraging again at the weekend but we failed to go on and win.

I just can't see where are next win is coming from , five new signings but I fear its not enough to keep us up.

Squad. Yes. First 11. Not enough. 

I don't wanna sound negative but given the lack of Tavernier, Cunningham, Elliott, Smith, JET...for most of the season the squad was probably weaker than that which got promoted, also Fredericks in and then out again...

Only now is it better than last May I reckon, ok so holes are being filled.

O'Donnell- yep good signing for sure, way better than keeper we released who was fringe anyway in summer.

Pearce and Baker- upgrade on El Abd and Osbourne and no mistake.

Golbourne- Cunningham and better than probably.

Gladwin- younger than Elliott so yes definitely on the right road here.

Tomlin- Yep better than JET.

It's the right back, aka a good replacement for Tavernier and the other striker i.e. Smith or someone equally good or better that are not there yet,- we add that and we are definitely upgraded in quality and quantity IMO. However it has been a good window and much needed I think. 

But until this Jan big holes remained even on last seasons squad let alone improving it and pushing on IMO. Not a criticism of board, manager, anyone just one of those things that can happen.

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

It might if all five played from the start.

See where your coming from Bs3 But the fact is (I think) the squad is so much stronger.

At the moment we cant buy a goal but at some time freeman,tomlin, kodgia will slap one in and  maybe were capable of following up with a couple more.

So wanted a striker in tonight, but the more I think about it we do have a good side and it we can convert that first chance on Saturday and then go on to win wele be fine!!

Look at the squad early January, look at it now and yes we have. Considering the challenges and managerial change we did not do too badly, but options are limited, and league position counts against us. If we go down, it will be far more to do with the summer and first half of the season.

5 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Golbourne and Tomlin seem decent additions but the squad hasn't been improved and is still worse than what we had last year when we had Cunningham, JET, Tavernier, Smith, Saville, Osborne and Elliott

For me, Golborne and Tomlin are improvements on Cunningham and JET. The only two out of the rest that I believe would add depth to our squad would be Smith and Elliott! However we still have got the loan window to get a striker and if we are desperate can get Elliott out of retirement! Tavernier is no better on my opinion at rb than what little is there and nowhere near Ayling! The others weren't good enough last year along with El-Abd for me, yet we've improved on them with Pearce and Gladwin! So for me we are a lot stronger position than we were at start of January and for me personally better than squad that was promoted! Still think we need another striker just to give us another option up there and maybe another cm should we get an injury.

On 01/02/2016 at 20:49, bs3 said:

mmm....

Archived