IGNORED

Contracts

HLR

On Tuesday, February 02, 2016 at 08:57, HLR said:

These past two transfer windows cannot be deemed a success - we all know that neither have gone the way we would have hoped - giving us a 50/50 chance of staying up this season.

All these shenanigans got me looking at contracts that are due to expire this summer & to my horror we will be left with just 13 players. An even worse predicament than our situation this time around!

Now, if we are still in The Championship then Mr Ashton and Co are really going to have to pull off something remarkable to avoid the exact same scenario that we have faced this season, if not worse. We needed a solid year this year to cement our place in this division & make ourselves a more attractive proposition going forward - I think it is fair to say we haven't achieved that goal. It has been difficult to pull players here permanently this season as we have seen, can't see it being any easier next year at this rate.

I sincerely hope we stay up this season, but it does worry me we could well be in for another bumpy ride if we scrape survival this season. Let's hope for a strong end to the season, we get a decent goal scorer in on loan, current loan signings are impressed enough to stick around in the summer & we can then hopefully kick on and do it properly.

We always seem to do it the hard way...

5 players signed not one first choice at there old clubs

7 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

That's because we've seldom had any players that other clubs want.

Burnley wanted Tom Heaton. Ipswich wanted Skuse and Andersen. Somebody wanted Davies. Boro wanted Albert. Brighton wanted Baldock. Someone took Stead (quite sought after that team. How come they were shite together?). Southampton wanted Fontaine for a bit. Maynard attracted the interest of one or two clubs. Marvin Elliott had his suitors at one point. Then there was Bolasie, and Gerken, and (we really should've done a bit better with all this lot) Preston wanted Kilkenny and Greg eventually. And even Ryan Taylor found someone that wanted him. Millwall wanted thingy with his alice band (forgot his name now), and then there was......Moloney, no one wanted him. So he went to Yeovil. Lee Johnson, Derby wanted to borrow him for a couple of games (I'll stop now. This could go on a bit)........

:thumbsup:

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Burnley wanted Tom Heaton. Ipswich wanted Skuse and Andersen. Somebody wanted Davies. Boro wanted Albert. Brighton wanted Baldock. Someone took Stead (quite sought after that team. How come they were shite together?). Southampton wanted Fontaine for a bit. Maynard attracted the interest of one or two clubs. Marvin Elliott had his suitors at one point. Then there was Bolasie, and Gerken, and (we really should've done a bit better with all this lot) Preston wanted Kilkenny and Greg eventually. And even Ryan Taylor found someone that wanted him. Millwall wanted thingy with his alice band (forgot his name now), and then there was......Moloney, no one wanted him. So he went to Yeovil. Lee Johnson, Derby wanted to borrow him for a couple of games (I'll stop now. This could go on a bit)........

:thumbsup:

:facepalm:

QPR wanted JET, Rangers wanted Tavernier, Fulham wanted Smith back ;)

Archived