IGNORED

Mark Ashton's negotiating technique leaked

Major Isewater

Ashton's phone has been tapped and here is a written account of the Dack negotiations, interesting stuff.

Phone rings 

" Hello Mr Scally , it's Mark Ashton here , you know the guy who got West Brom to the Prem ...

yeah well i'm at Bristol City now ...

would you stop laughing for à minute please ? 

listen i know you're going for promotion and all that and there's just hours before the transfer window shuts but we'd like to make an offer for Dack .

You're still laughing ."

Phone goes dead .

Phone rings 

" Hi , Mr Scally ? yeah we got cut off , listen we have a serious proposal ..."

" Not for sale ? ...

ah go on , woncha just sell us Bradley Dack ? , ah go on , go on , go on , go on ... "

Alledgedly .

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ashton's phone has been tapped and here is a written account of the Dack negotiations, interesting stuff.

Phone rings 

" Hello Mr Scally , it's Mark Ashton here , you know the guy who got West Brom to the Prem ...

listen i know you're going for promotion and all that and there's just hours before the transfer window shuts but we'd like to make an offer for Dack .

You're still laughing ."

Phone goes dead .

Phone rings 

" Not for sale ? ...

ah go on , woncha just sell us Bradley Dack ? , ah go on , go on , go on , go on ... "

Alledgedly .

Major, you have to have a good phone system before you can tap it are you sure he wasnt onto Walt Disney Studios and wanted Donald Duck ??

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Phone rings 

You're still laughing ."

Phone goes dead .

Phone rings 

" Not for sale ? ...

Alledgedly .

Sorry, I'm really struggling to see the humour in this.  We have a new COO who appears to have facilitated the recruitment of four new players in the last couple of weeks, and the permanent signing of a goalkeeper, and Gillingham didn't want to sell us Bradley Dack.  Erm, so there you go.  It happens.  We made an offer for Dack weeks ago, and have been trying to secure him since, but ultimately failed.  The above appears to suggest it was all very last minute, but that appears not to be the case.

Seriously mate, if you're thinking of a career in comedy writing, I'd think again.

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, I'm really struggling to see the humour in this.  We have a new COO who appears to have facilitated the recruitment of four new players in the last couple of weeks, and the permanent signing of a goalkeeper, and Gillingham didn't want to sell us Bradley Dack.  Erm, so there you go.  It happens.  We made an offer for Dack weeks ago, and have been trying to secure him since, but ultimately failed.  The above appears to suggest it was all very last minute, but that appears not to be the case.

Seriously mate, if you're thinking of a career in comedy writing, I'd think again.

It's the Field of Dreams scenario, "build it and they will come!"

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

thats telling you Major, keep serious man for God's sake, thankfully Dads Army is out this Friday and will take your mind off things :yes:

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Comedy is for people with a sense  of humour , that obviously excludes you so , ta ta :sub:

For balance i have already posted , in another thread , my support for the job done by the recruitment team in exceptionally difficult circumstances in this ' half ' transfer window .

As The Stones sang " you can't always get what you want " .

This thread was just a very light attempt to make a few people smile .

( Mark Ashton included , If he reads OTIB ) 

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Welcome to OTIB Mark....... 

Given Ashton wasn't in post during our botched attempts to sign Gray, Gayle, Clough and possibly Lingaard, it seems a bit harsh to lay the blame for the inability to get signings at his door.  Given he and a temporary manager had two weeks in post before the end of the transfer window, I actually think they did well to get four signings done in that time.  It's perfectly legitimate to question the decision to change manager mid-transfer window, and to question why we've got into a situation where we got halfway through the January six short of what we needed to stay up but it seems daft to ridicule the two people who were dropped in it and left to clear the mess up.

It does also strike me that we seem to have spent much of the last 8 months (quite rightly) deriding the lack of board figurehead showing leadership and taking responsibility.  As far as I'm concerned it's great we've now got someone doing that.

Archived