IGNORED

Lansdown's Business Decisions?

Tomo

Thanks for clearing that up. However my general point remains the same. Not happy with the way things have been done over the last few months, not happy with the appointment of LJ , but we will see where we go from here. 

LJ has been given a good start from Pembo and Elliot , the players have never stop trying this season and they do seem to be a togetherness within the team,  so we do have something to build on.

Looking forward to Saturday very interested to see the team , formation and tatics he uses, my advice would be not to change it to much.

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

Thanks for clearing that up. However my general point remains the same. Not happy with the way things have been done over the last few months, not happy with the appointment of LJ , but we will see where we go from here. 

LJ has been given a good start from Pembo and Elliot , the players have never stop trying this season and they do seem to be a togetherness within the team,  so we do have something to build on.

Looking forward to Saturday very interested to see the team , formation and tatics he uses, my advice would be not to change it to much.

My concern is how the fans might react to a couple of defeats, especially after the way results have gone recently with Pembo and Elliot in charge.

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

My concern is how the fans might react to a couple of defeats, especially after the way results have gone recently with Pembo and Elliot in charge.

Fans have stuck by the team this , U see no reason for this to change as long as we them committed to the cause.

Some good views on this one. I am just surprised that we have appointed another head coach with little experience at this level, following history (Tins, Millen, Mciness) which has not worked.

Now he is here, we simply have to support him and give him 100% backing, albeit I do not agree with the appointment and would have gone for a man with Championship experience,

On 05/02/2016 at 11:00, tomo said:

Would Steve Lansdown appoint a relatively un-experienced candidate to be a "fund manager" with Hargreaves Lansdown?

The simple answer is NO!

So why would he consider a relatively un-experienced candidate in Lee Johnson for Bristol City?

The world has gone mad!

He might if he saw potential in an inexperienced person - who would be surrounded by wise heads (which LJ is).  Personally, I don't feel in a position to offer advice to SL, not being a self-made millionaire.

7 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

He might if he saw potential in an inexperienced person - who would be surrounded by wise heads (which LJ is).  Personally, I don't feel in a position to offer advice to SL, not being a self-made millionaire.

Just remember - he made his millions in finance - NOT football ! :laugh:

2 minutes ago, tomo said:

A fair point.  But a lot of finance is, I imagine, about taking calculated risks...

1 hour ago, tomo said:

Some good views on this one. I am just surprised that we have appointed another head coach with little experience at this level, following history (Tins, Millen, Mciness) which has not worked.

Fair point - difference being now that LJ has the benefit of having a much better support structure in place at the club. Primarily a head scout (KB) and head of football operations (MA). That gives him a much better chance of success than say DMc who was floundering in the job as he had no-one to help him out with scouting etc

In terms of day-to-day management, Hargreaves Lansdown is far too large for either partner to have a huge day in what's going on. They've clearly done quite well in recruiting people that run the company in an optimal way. I think both would probably agree that they wouldn't hire an inexperienced fund manager simply because they probably haven't been directly involved in hiring for many years.

As has already been said, football is an entirely different model to any other type of business. There are some parallels, but they will ultimately be the exception that proves the rule. The rule tends to be that the club with the biggest pockets will (eventually) win.

Archived