IGNORED

Preparing for league one?

brizzlelou

With the Johnson appointment (supposedly a done deal) I can't help but think that the board are gearing up for league one next season. They talk of premier league aspirations but a manager like Johnson surely can't attract top championship players. I prey that I'm wrong and he does really well because he's a top bloke. Just seems like the board are grabbing a young manager and assuming he'll be the next Eddie Howe.

Not just grabbing a young manager. Grabbing one of the most highly rated young managers in the league. An appointment that shows both ambition and an eye towards building for the future.

The only other even remotely exciting prospects out there were David Moyes or Garry Monk. One completely unrealistic, the other with even less experience than Lee Johnson. Just because he was a one club man who happened to manage them in the premier league doesn't make him a good manager.

6 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

With the Johnson appointment (supposedly a done deal) I can't help but think that the board are gearing up for league one next season. They talk of premier league aspirations but a manager like Johnson surely can't attract top championship players. I prey that I'm wrong and he does really well because he's a top bloke. Just seems like the board are grabbing a young manager and assuming he'll be the next Eddie Howe.

Why on earth would they be doing that?

3 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Not just grabbing a young manager. Grabbing one of the most highly rated young managers in the league. An appointment that shows both ambition and an eye towards building for the future.

The only other even remotely exciting prospects out there were David Moyes or Garry Monk. One completely untested, the other with even less experience than Lee Johnson. Just because he was a one club man who happened to manage them in the premier league doesn't make him a good manager.

Did Nigel Pearson not excite you? Don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging lee off in any way. Just seems contradictory to the boards aim for a push to the premier league next season??

1 minute ago, brizzlelou said:

Did Nigel Pearson not excite you? Don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging lee off in any way. Just seems contradictory to the boards aim for a push to the premier league next season??

Nigel Pearson strikes me as someone who lost his job because he didn't agree with his son being reprimanded for being a racist. Didn't particularly want him on the strength of that alone.

21 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I doubt there is any assuming, as I've said before, despite what everyone might say.. these are people in charge of a multi million pound business, there is a lot of due dilligence that will go into such a decision such as this. though I'm sure they are hoping that he could be as succesful as eddie howe

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What gearing up for L1? That's the last thing SL/BCFC are doing. They (SL) talked of Premiership ambitions, so why gear up for L1? Yes LJ may not be who we were expecting/wanting but they have their plan etc…and that doesn't include relegation. 

they do talk a lot of crap then do the complete opposite

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What gearing up for L1? That's the last thing SL/BCFC are doing. They (SL) talked of Premiership ambitions, so why gear up for L1? Yes LJ may not be who we were expecting/wanting but they have their plan etc…and that doesn't include relegation. 

It isn't the plan but will probably be the outcome.

LJ may well become an excellent Head Coach / Manager, but he isn't yet, and we need experience right now not someone with " potential".

My view is that this is a huge risk and not the correct decision right now

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

It isn't the plan but will probably be the outcome.

LJ may well become an excellent Head Coach / Manager, but he isn't yet, and we need experience right now not someone with " potential".

My view is that this is a huge risk and not the correct decision right now

yes it is a huge risk…but to accept that relegation is a given in early February is a bit premature. I can't influence/change their decision. Talking the talk and making decisions that might appear a bit left field, does not mean they are gearing up for L1

20 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Nigel Pearson strikes me as someone who lost his job because he didn't agree with his son being reprimanded for being a racist. Didn't particularly want him on the strength of that alone.

No he did not. One bully boy out for another one in? No thanks. Struggling to fight relegation under him and top of the league without. Overbearing snarling character out, optimistic smiling coach in and they are now top.... Pearson would not tick any of my boxes I'm afraid...

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Oh behave. Did you see the job he did at Leicester? The foundations of that team who sit at the top of the prem were built by Pearson and his team. Bollox to his son being racist or what ever that crap was all about, he would have been a top top choice for our club going foward.

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

Oh behave. Did you see the job he did at Leicester? The foundations of that time who sit at the top of the prem were built by Pearson and his team. Bollox to his son being racist or what ever that crap was all about, he would have been a top top choice for our club going foward.

Might have been a tad high maintenance though, not the sort to blend in with our style of management.

Archived