IGNORED

Pride in the shirt

Marina's Rolls Royce

One of the most important things I loved about Gary J, SC , Tinnion and even Millen is that they loved City. Really loved City. As we do.

Something that could never be said about Pulis, Osman, Coppout, McInnes and SOD.

My problem about appointing NP or a 'wow' manager would be this  - do they really really want to be here?... or is it a stop gap in the ladder of their career?

So here's the thing- would Lee Johnson (whose father gave us two of the best seasons we've ever had) and played during that time, who was welcomed back at BS3 with a massive applause- whatever is now said here on OTIB... who brought the most loyal loudest fans last season to BS3 ( if you don't remember then check it out) ..... be a guy fit to wear the shirt and manage City and give his  all for us fans and for BCFC?

Damn right! So please let's give him a chance - at least we know he loves our club like we do and judging by some of the comments tonight- maybe more.

P.S The more I think about it the more it makes sense

The manager isn't paid to love the club, he's paid to build a successful team.

I don't buy all this garbage about "loving the club".  Players and Managers alike are (highly) paid to do a job, there is no discussion about "loyalty to the club" when they negotiate their contracts.

"Loyalty" is directly proportional to the number of zeros on their pay check.

Call me cynical, but that is modern professional football.

6 minutes ago, SimplyRed said:

The manager isn't paid to love the club, he's paid to build a successful team.

I don't buy all this garbage about "loving the club".  Players and Managers alike are (highly) paid to do a job, there is no discussion about "loyalty to the club" when they negotiate their contracts.

"Loyalty" is directly proportional to the number of zeros on their pay check.

Call me cynical, but that is modern professional football.

Your cynical! If u work for a company you like and want the job, you will perform better than someone who is just looking st a pay check!  That's human psychology! 

10 hours ago, redfieldred said:

Your cynical! If u work for a company you like and want the job, you will perform better than someone who is just looking st a pay check!  That's human psychology! 

Maybe.  But you can't compare oranges and apples.  The football industry is awash with cash, far more than you or I could ever hope to see - loyalty goes out of the window when someone comes calling with a wad that's more than you're getting at your current club.  Players don't go to a club because they love it, they go because the financial deal is right.

If you want to talk about everyday street jobs, you might like the company and enjoy the job, but you're not going to be happy if you think they're not paying you enough.

Archived