IGNORED

End of the loan system

A Horse With No Name

Just now, The Horse With No Name said:

Sorry if its been mentioned before but the emergency loan system is being banned by FIFA from next season. Loan deals will still be permited but only during the two transfer windows, which in my view is a step in the right direction. Hopefully one day, all loan deals will become banned completely.

This country needs more bans.

:protest:

More bans: NOW.

Uncle TFR

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Sorry if its been mentioned before but the emergency loan system is being banned by FIFA from next season. Loan deals will still be permited but only during the two transfer windows, which in my view is a step in the right direction. Hopefully one day, all loan deals will become banned completely.

Good. If they had banned loans a long time back we wouldn't be in this PPI mess.

8 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Blimey. We'd hav a squad of 12 this year then!

10 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Why do you want all loans to be banned?  Scores of clubs would struggle to field teams without the loan system.  Hundreds of players would never play a single game!

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Why do you want all loans to be banned?  Scores of clubs would struggle to field teams without the loan system.  Hundreds of players would never play a single game!

It would stop the current trend of prem teams taking all the youngsters from clubs like ours for small compensation and then loaning them back out at stupid money a couple of years later. These kids would know that it would be a bad move moving to the prem club in the first place.

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

It would stop the current trend of prem teams taking all the youngsters from clubs like ours for small compensation and then loaning them back out at stupid money a couple of years later. These kids would know that it would be a bad move moving to the prem club in the first place.

I know you're being figurative when you say 'all youngsters', otherwise there'd be no youngsters at any clubs outside the top division!

So how many young players are usually plucked by Prem teams?  How many have city had taken in the last few years?

Just now, reddogkev said:

I know you're being figurative when you say 'all youngsters' otherwise, there'd be no youngsters at any clubs outside the top division!

So how many young players are usually plucked by Prem teams?  How many have city had taken in the last few years?

I think we lost three or four in the last couple of seasons to Chelsea and Liverpool etc. I am sure someone will give details

Just now, BS3_RED said:

I think we lost three or four in the last couple of seasons to Chelsea and Liverpool etc. I am sure someone will give details

Would the end of the loan window stop this practise?  The Prem teams would still snap the players up, and as players become more motivated by money and the influence of agents, they will still make the move, irrespective of probable lack of game time.

Will be very mixed news for lower league sides particularly. Will need bigger squads, couple of injuries to roles like goalies and they could be stuffed. As loans during the windows are allowed the affect will be reduced, but not sure if this is a good or bad thing to be honest.

Archived