IGNORED

Lee Hughes

bristolcityup

what a waste it would be, hes a terrific striker and hope he's ok.

Who cares what a waste it would be.

A man has died in a car accident and if it is proved to be Hughes fault for whatever reason I hope he is certainly not OK.

Why flee the scene if not guilty?

EDIT : Beat me to it Willsbridge

just seen news, hes been arrested now. What accounts after it? depends what kind of a person you are really. If you one to panik you wouldnt stop, if you were a clam driver then you would stop, appernelty they did a survey on it once, 70% of drivers said that they wouldnt stop due to sheer panick. How was lee hughes to know that the man was dead?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Ah correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he FLEE the scene, not drive away. It's because of the car being left there in the first place that the police could find out the culprits so quickly.

I sincerly hope the person that caused this crash will be charged for manslaughter if it emerges that a criminal driving offence was commited.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

You are correct in what you say Tomarse, but then I'm sure anyone in the public eye will get higher media exposure than your average person when something happens.

This story would make local news if it was an everday person, but because it's a footballer it's national news. Imagine if this was a top player, it would be front page news and go on for weeks. Simple reason, the bigger the player the more papers the story will shift.

all of these trheads beggs me to ask the following question.

You are a high profile football player in the midlands, lots of money, nice car and still feel you have the world at your feet. You are driving along and know your doing a bit over the speed limit (come on we all do it!). You then hit another car, at which you see the elderly driver badly injured when you hit it..... What do you do?

a)stop, get out the car and call an ambulence, knowing that you will prob get arrested at the scene for dangerous driving, causing the media to know straight away and ruin your career there and then.

b)drive away and because your so panicy about the situation don't turn yourself in till the morning after, giving you time to think about how you are going to handle the media when they find out, and also gives you plenty of time to get your story of the version of events sorted before you speak to the police.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Running away will only make things worse for yourself, the accident investigators can recreate exactly what occured by looking at tyre marks and inpact damage.

The reports I heard said that they abandoned that car and ran off by foot, which makes things look even worse.

If I had a crash and realised I'd seriously injured someone I would only think of running if I knew I was over the limit and it wasn't my car.

Maybe he was only a passenger and the media is playing up the story before it becomes public that he is only a witness and has been nicked on some trivial matter

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"FOOTBALLER ARRESTED

West Brom footballer Lee Hughes has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop after an accident.

West Midlands police said a 27-year-old man had been held.

"He remains in custody at Little Park Street police station in Coventry and is due to be questioned by officers," said a statement.

It follows a road crash near Coventry in which a man died.

Police said a silver Mercedes CL55 coupe and a Renault Megane collided.

The dead man, who was in his 60s, was a passenger in the Megane. His wife, who was also a passenger, was treated at Coventry and Warwickshire hospital for a broken leg.

"The male driver suffered a broken pelvis and another male passenger also suffered bruising," said a spokeswoman.

Hughes, 27, joined West Brom from Coventry in August 2002 for £2.5m.

A year earlier, he had been transferred to Coventry from West Brom for a reported £5m."

I think we're all thinking what the reason for running was.

But as he's a footballer if anything comes to court he'll either get off with it or get a joke sentence

Archived