IGNORED

Pembo and Wade: Thank you

samo II

After a cracking and essential result today, wanted to thank our dynamic duo, who have come in under difficult circumstances and led us to two wins and a draw from their four games in charge.

Whatever you think of the new boss, just wanted to put out a sincere "thank you" to those two, as they steadied the ship, and am delighted they are part of our club.

COYR

I personally think Pembo didn't want it, however he must take a huge amount of credit for changing things and getting in some decent players. Those 4 league games have shown Cotts pretty much signed his own P45 by persisting with 3-5-2. We'd probably be lower mid table had he changed it when in charge earlier on his season. 

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I personally think Pembo didn't want it, however he must take a huge amount of credit for changing things and getting in some decent players. Those 4 league games have shown Cotts pretty much signed his own P45 by persisting with 3-5-2. We'd probably be lower mid table had he changed it when in charge earlier on his season. 

Agreed. Can't say the football today was pleasant to watch but the result was. For the attractive play Cotterell wanted it just was too open and we just didn't get points for that. 

What I say here will not be any different to many others. John and Wade have done a very good job since Cotterill departed and we have a lot to thank them for.

I knew very little about John Pemberton a month ago but I have discovered that he is courageous: changing a team formation and bringing so many young Academy boys into the squad. 

A good tactician by making us difficult to score against and helping some who were really struggling like Luke Freeman, by moving them in the formation to bring a different outlook to their game. LF was predictable where he was but played wide right, he made it very difficult for the opposing left back to know whether he would go outside on his right or inside on his left. 

I'm sure that LJ will get a reception v Ipswich but wouldn't it be nice if our crowd also gave some noisy recognition to John and Wade.

Archived