IGNORED

Cotterill to Barnsley

havanatopia

I doubt if Cotts would fit into their set up - a little like we have currently adopted in Mark "Corporate Talk" Ashton,

He will find a decent job - I just hope he sits tight and don't make the same mistake as Gary Johnson did when leaving us. If GJ would have sat tight, rather than taking the first job offering at Peterboroigh (was it ?) he would have possibly remained a championship manager - he's back in the conference for that reason, albeit will hopefully get Cheltenham back up this season,

Talk of Moyes ? He would not step down to the championship - reason being, if he failed, he would be back in tier 3 where he started with Preston. Moyes will wait until a mid table premiership side come in for him.

Cotts - sit tight fella, you will be back in the championship within 6 months!

Edited by tomo

3 hours ago, tomo said:

I doubt if Cotts would fit into their set up - a little like we have currently adopted in Mark "Corporate Talk" Ashton,

He will find a decent job - I just hope he sits tight and don't make the same mistake as Gary Johnson did when leaving us. If GJ would have sat tight, rather than taking the first job offering at Peterboroigh (was it ?) he would have possibly remained a championship manager - he's back in the conference for that reason, albeit will hopefully get Cheltenham back up this season,

Talk of Moyes ? He would not step down to the championship - reason being, if he failed, he would be back in tier 3 where he started with Preston. Moyes will wait until a mid table premiership side come in for him.

See i think GJ took that route purposely.. I reckon after having a taste of what it was like here in the Championship managing big ego's i think he was happy to drop down to the lower leagues where he feels more comfortable..

21 minutes ago, bris red said:

See i think GJ took that route purposely.. I reckon after having a taste of what it was like here in the Championship managing big ego's i think he was happy to drop down to the lower leagues where he feels more comfortable..

Not so sure about that. I think it was the Northampton disaster that left him in the football doldrums. 

4 hours ago, tomo said:

You are correct Peterborough was his first job after us,when he got the boot from them they were promoted to the championship the same season so it wasn't just any job to be fair,cotts back in the championship in 6 months :laugh:,Alloa athletic maybe